Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Tech

Old 11/20/16, 05:17 PM   #1
stevo

Rampage top replacement fabric only

So bronco graveyard has advertised replacement fabric for rampage tops at $349 (and an extra 10% off right now) - our frame is perfect but fabric is shot - has anyone bought one of these?

http://shop.broncograveyard.com/1966...uctinfo/15610/

Steve
stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/16, 01:28 PM   #2
DirtDonk
Contributor
Bronco Guru

San Jose, CA
Back to the top...

Not familiar with it myself, but I would imagine it fits where it's supposed to. Might depend on who's making them of course. If they're somehow sourcing them from the manufacturer, then they should be perfect.
Traditionally Rampage and all the others never sold the replacement tops at all (for Broncos) without just buying the whole thing with hardware. Maybe they've relented?
I can't even find reference to the Bronco tops on their site right now, so can't confirm.
Probably a quick call to Jeff's will let you know if they have it made special, or if the Diamond material was available from Rampage.

Either way though, make sure that dude is nicely warmed up before you go trying to install it!

Good luck

paul

'71 Wagon, 3.5" WH, F150 disc brakes and steering, 4.11 33x11.50 Thornbirds, Kayline soft top, Hanson bumpers. "Built, not bought"

'68 LUBR, 2.5 + 1 WH, 31x10.50, 4.56, Explorer and 4R70w by EFI Guy, WH disc brakes, Hanson front bumper, Warn winch. "Bought, not built"

www.wildhorses4x4.com
DirtDonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/18, 07:02 PM   #3
looking4eb

Atlanta

My Gallery
This is the last post I can find regarding replacement fabric for the Rampage soft tops, and the link is no longer working. I checked all the usual vendors and don't see any advertising the replacement fabric. Anyone know an option to get it these days?

Thanks!!
looking4eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/18, 08:11 PM   #4
DEEPWOODS
Contributor

Fayetteville
I have the BGY replacement top . They told me they have rampage build it with heavy duty zippers and thicker fabric for them . I can tell the difference in the fabric but not the zippers ? My old rampage top came apart at all the seams and where the zippers were sown in the black tread turned white and rotted .I think they might not have used outdoor thread by mistake some classic bronco members got replacement tops but not me they did not respond to any of my requests
DEEPWOODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/18, 10:14 PM   #5
Trigger

There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness.

Central Point, OR
eBay: mesamike

My Gallery
Garage
I am lucky to live 15 mins from Tom’s and stopped in to ask about just a top as I had the hardware and they happened to have one. They had to replace some missing hardware on a previous order. I got lucky but it may be worth asking some vendors if they happen to have just a top laying around.
Trigger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/18, 07:26 AM   #6
looking4eb

Atlanta

My Gallery
Thanks for the input guys! I will call around. My Rampage fabric has held up pretty good for around 5 years, but it is the seam stitching that has completely disintegrated.
Old 10/24/18, 08:29 AM   #7
Scoop
Contributor
LEBC Officer

Dripping Springs, TX

My Gallery
Garage
The vendors should jump on this. There are a lot of old Kayline and STC tops out there with good frames and bad fabric. The Rampage top should fit these old frames.

~v~ 74 Ranger, 76 Trail Rig/Crawler, 78 Custom 410M, 84 Custom Big Six
Scoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/18, 11:23 AM   #8
looking4eb

Atlanta

My Gallery
I just called around to all the vendors as well as Rampage and no one sells this anymore. Seems like Rampage stopped offering it a few years back so no vendor can get it this way, and any extras they had lying around got scooped up by folks luckier then me already! Unless anyone has other suggestions I may take mine in to an upholstery shop and see what it would cost to redo all the seams with a sturdier thread since that seems to be the main issue.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Tech