• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA WTB Cut rear fender left overs

Status
Not open for further replies.

400iso

Loc.
Inglewood
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has any leftover rear fender cut outs from a fender flare install? Looking to patch in what I'm missing from mine, rather than replace the entire panel.

Also wondering if vendors sell this online?

Thanks

Last edited:

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
400, not sure how much you need to patch but I've done both and spent way more time patching than replacing. Mark

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Agree it's much easier to replace the entire lower quarter . But if it's only a small cut out I'd probably just patch too . That said I have a driver side cut out from a repair this past summer .

OP
OP

400iso

Loc.
Inglewood
Thanks guys, the previous owner cut about an inch off for some funny aftermarket fender flares I've never seen before.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I have this left over from my build. We cut that small missing section off it so would it work? I can measure tomorrow to see if its enough to repair yours. Have a pic of your right rear quarter?

A7pLdz8.jpg

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
cut outs

I just did this to my rear quarters...

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP

400iso

Loc.
Inglewood
I have this left over from my build. We cut that small missing section off it so would it work? I can measure tomorrow to see if its enough to repair yours. Have a pic of your right rear quarter?

A7pLdz8.jpg

Nice! I think that would cover most except near the rear/end of the wheel well. Good looking build!

I'm going to a yard this weekend to look for a donor. Hopefully I find something. I also put a feeler out to some of the custom shops here in SoCal. Left my number in case they have any quarter cut outs. It's such a small area, 1-1.5" off the lip so trying my hardest not to replace the whole panel!

OP
OP

400iso

Loc.
Inglewood
Agree it's much easier to replace the entire lower quarter . But if it's only a small cut out I'd probably just patch too . That said I have a driver side cut out from a repair this past summer .

Agreed. It's tough because it's only missing about 1-1.5" around the lip. Trying to preserve the quarter panel and not replace it. Do you have a passenger side too?

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Nope , just the driver . Repaired one that got hit hard in the lt. rear corner . I used to have a bunch of cut outs . Finally tossed them because nobody wanted to cover the shipping costs .

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
I bought the cut outs from a member here. Mine was cut just to the line above the natural bottom edge. It really wasn't crazy noticeable but it bothered me!

Status
Not open for further replies.