• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Master cylinder plumbing

ptwist

The prior owner updated the brake booster and some other parts so I wanted to check to see if he had the ran correctly. Which set of brakes do each of the ports run to off of the master cylinder? Ie front port to front brakes or?

TOOLMAN

Depends on which master cylinder you have. If you have the normal Ford one, the large reservoir goes to the front, small to the back. If you're running the Corvette one, I think I plumbed the rear reservoir to the front and the front reservoir to the back.

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Truthfully I don’t know which one I have.

Attachments

• E9F086E2-4AA9-4821-8D51-CFD614602507.jpg
    E9F086E2-4AA9-4821-8D51-CFD614602507.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 90

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Back(large bowl) should be run to the front brakes. Smaller (front bowl) to the rear.
Corvette master has two equal size bowls. Your is NOT a corvette master.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

Perfect, Thanks for the help. That was not how the previous owner had run them.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Since yours is a '70 or older, do the lines run down to the stock "h-block" distribution block on the frame?
Or is there something else, such as an actual proportioning valve down there?

Paul

OP
OP
ptwist

ptwist

No, One line was ran into the a block which was connected/transitioned into the flexible front brake line. The other simply had a connection which connected to a longer solid line that continued on to the rear drum brakes.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Most disc/drum master cylinders had larger reservoirs for the disc brakes to account for pad wear, so that makes the plumbing easy.

The ubiquitous C3 Corvette disc/disc master cylinders have equal sized reservoirs and are front/front and rear/rear.