• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MD To Part Or Not To Part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crew

Hello, I have a '72 that is stripped to the frame at this point. I originally listed as a project truck and was going to sell everything as a package. I had a very nice member of the ClassicBroncos.com community reach out to me and suggest if I was trying to maximize my money out of it I should part it rather then sell it as a project truck. He threw out a couple numbers on certain parts but I don't know how accurate they are or the demand for these parts. If anyone could give feedback on the value of the parts listed below it would be much appreciated. I put numbers next to the items he suggested they were worth?

Frame, Title and dash with Glove Box VIN- 2k
Tub- 1k
Front Quarter Panels-?
Tailgate-?
Windshield-?
Grill-?
Front End-?
Back End-?
Rebuilt 302-?
Transmission-?
New James Duff Wiring Harness-?

I obviously have all the other pieces of the truck besides doors and roof but just wanted to get a feel for what the big stuff would go for and the demand for such parts?

Any feedback is appreciated!

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
You can sometimes make a little more by parting one out but it is a lot of work and most times you are still left with a pile of parts that noone is looking for, been there done that. Most likely it will get cherry picked and the few good parts with value can be sold and the rest ends up at the scrapper.

You will need to post pics so we can see what you you are working with. I highly doubt a frame, title, dash, and glovebox VIN are worth $2k. The frame would have to be perfect and even then it is a stretch. I have seen rolling chassis come up for sale that couldn't get that. The rest of the stuff you have listed has marginal value. Anywhere from $50 to a couple of hundred depending on condition.

Best bet is to come up with a reasonable price that you would like to get for it and sell it as a whole project. Parting it could take years and like I said you will likely end up taking a lot of it to the scrap man.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Agree parts will be cherry picked, everyone will want items shipped, 10 years later you will still be tripping over parts. I also think the estimates are high (may be 500 for frame/title ), I have seen complete running and driving rusty trucks for what he mentions the frame is worth.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
If it was a running driving bronco before you started you are probably better off to spend some time putting it back together. Doesn't necessarily need to run/drive though it would be worth more if it did. But, It would be much easier to sell than a pile of parts.

OP
OP
C

Crew

Thanks for the feedback. That is kinda of what I was feeling. I will keep it as a package as I have had a lot of interest and a lot of dreamers. lol. I've had a couple offers close to asking price but was just hard to let go. I guess I will cut the chord on the next reasonable offer.:(

Funrunr

being that it is in pieces does hurt the value. Majority of people will want one that they can disassemble, some professionals will look at it as though you saved them time on restoration. I'd say add up what you have into it and ask that, you can always come down if needed. Hopefully you didn't overpay in the beginning.
Just remember, it is paid for and that is the hardest part. Keep it if you can.

blue78

Loc.
Annapolis Area
I'm the one who went out and took a look at this one and I was looking at it having come to the end of a very expensive build that started in similar condition. It depends on what you are looking to have as a final product, as always, but all I saw was round 2 of the build I am finishing and that is why I suggested the part out route.

I told him it would be a time-consuming pain in the ass but it would probably maximize cash.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Parting it out may lead to more cash but it is a pain!! Between boxing shipping and labor I don't know if you would be any better off than cutting your loses and selling it complete cheap. It will hurt but it would be faster than parting it out dealing with a bunch of people and you still may end up with items you cant sell. If I didn't already have three broncos and I had more shop space I would jump on this but it is not in the cards right now. Good luck with it what ever you do!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If it was a running driving bronco before you started you are probably better off to spend some time putting it back together. Doesn't necessarily need to run/drive though it would be worth more if it did. But, It would be much easier to sell than a pile of parts.

totally agree on this...

Shome

Loc.
Union Bridge
Hello, I have a '72 that is stripped to the frame at this point. I originally listed as a project truck and was going to sell everything as a package. I had a very nice member of the ClassicBroncos.com community reach out to me and suggest if I was trying to maximize my money out of it I should part it rather then sell it as a project truck. He threw out a couple numbers on certain parts but I don't know how accurate they are or the demand for these parts. If anyone could give feedback on the value of the parts listed below it would be much appreciated. I put numbers next to the items he suggested they were worth?

Frame, Title and dash with Glove Box VIN- 2k
Tub- 1k
Front Quarter Panels-?
Tailgate-?
Windshield-?
Grill-?
Front End-?
Back End-?
Rebuilt 302-?
Transmission-?
New James Duff Wiring Harness-?

I obviously have all the other pieces of the truck besides doors and roof but just wanted to get a feel for what the big stuff would go for and the demand for such parts?

Any feedback is appreciated!

I live in MD. I have been looking for a bronco to build. Is this one available?

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Frame, dash, glove box and title may get you $300 but not $2k unless is was the Elvis bronco or their was more attached to the frame. I have sold all of them before.
Post pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.