• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

71 lubr making progress

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
whats the original color code on your glove box vin plate ?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
baby blue to mean green.. Looking good

I bet she fires right up

OP
OP
1971lubr

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
She's got glass and steering. Unfortunately, she's also got two junk driveshafts. 2 steps forward, one step back.....

Attachments

• 20170401_173128.jpg
    20170401_173128.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 46

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Looks like a good time to call Garage Squad and let them finish. They specialize in 'abandoned neglected' vehicles with new paint jobs lol. They will likely deflate a tire or two for authenticity before they start shooting

OP
OP
1971lubr

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I haven't updated in a while.... Spent all day in the garage today. I have all the brakes replaced and the system bled. Clutch assembly is back together, fuel tank in, filler neck and hose, sending unit, etc. Going to run the fuel line this week and it's just about time to fire it up again. Seats are the final piece of the puzzle.. I think my rear wheel bearings are toast, they sound like sand. No Bueno.

It should be running on the property by Memorial day, but I doubt it will be registered and on the road by then. I'm going to miss that deadline, but not by much. It's almost done!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Glad to hear you're still at it, looking forward to some pics out in the sun!

Supposed to have my lubr back by 4th of July, it's killing me

OP
OP
1971lubr

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I've been at it, just don't post about it much. Most of my posts are in tech absorbing all the knowledge here.