• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tonight bronco on wheeler dealer TV show

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Now that the truck has been sold. I just gave an estimate to fix all the problems with it......Mark in San Diego, Beach City Broncs

You can't just leave us hanging with that comment. We ned details.

Yea, the SoCal move that matches the takeover by velocity/discovery really is when the show turned for the worse. It wasn't just the Bronco episode that was sketchy, they were all getting to the point of a lot of missing content and long visits with venders.

As for the new wrench, I am sure I will watch a few episodes. But I am sure it won't be the same. And I expect to quit.

Now if Edd starts his own show, that could be fun. He posted a few videos of some of his older work (looks to be posted 6 years ago) with things like a motorized couch and a motorized office. I'll look forward to whatever content Edd has to put out. Especially now that I know that he stands behind the production values and not just the fast and easy way to make a show.

If you like the British 'how things work' stuff, check out some older (1980's) stuff on youtube. "The Secret Life of Machines" Elevators to sewing machines, refrigerators to vacuum cleaners, cars and the internal combustion engine as well.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
The bottom line is, the sponsors are paying for the show. Just watch to the very end and you'll see the sponsors listed.
Or did you actually think Mike & Edd came up with the idea to put Vintage Air A/C in a 63 Volvo or synthetic coolant in a TR6?
It's not just entertainment, It's just an advertisement.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
But it didn't start as a sponsorfest. It started as a very low budget how to show. That is what got the following. Edd doesn't like following the sponsor money. Look at what he blew on the Pacer. I don't recall much of anything for sponsorship in that one. It turned into a wild creation, much like his motorized office desk. Or the total sponsor when they re-electrified with EV West at the other end.

Can't wait to see what Edd comes up with next. If we can find it.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
bronco

I don't want to say anything more about the truck because it is obviously owned by someone.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, that's what the discussion was about. Yesterday's post by Broncobowsher (#73) brought this thread back up to talk about his leaving.

Paul