• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bump stops

True North

I replaced the drivers front bump stop but need an idea for the passenger side? I have a 3.5 lift and the wild horses trac bar riser. 80% highway use but I’m going on the Bronco Baja Adventure this spring and think I need something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 215

TN1776

Bronco Guru
The stock bump stop mounts to the top of the track bar riser, correct?
You can basically build a spacer - a friend did that using scrap round tube that he had. Basically giving yourself a new mount surface that's around the height of the WH riser bracket.
I run CAGE radius arms on mine and put bump stops on the frame, such that the radius arm comes up and contacts my bumps there, limiting my up travel.
Both have worked very well for us!

OP
OP
T

True North

The stock bump stop mounts to the top of the track bar riser, correct?
You can basically build a spacer - a friend did that using scrap round tube that he had. Basically giving yourself a new mount surface that's around the height of the WH riser bracket.
I run CAGE radius arms on mine and put bump stops on the frame, such that the radius arm comes up and contacts my bumps there, limiting my up travel.
Both have worked very well for us!

I could do that but putting it on top of the WH bracket will really limt upward travel.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
just welded my wh bracket on the other day. haven't decided on a bump stop, may not need it. going to do some testing though

OP
OP
T

True North

I didn't use the top hole, for that reason. I cut the top portion off and installed the bump on the factory mount. I just needed to notch the rubber and plate a bit.

Mark

P.O. installed the track bar and riser and it drives great as is. Any reason I shouldn’t drop it down a hole? Hate to mess with what works.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
P.O. installed the track bar and riser and it drives great as is. Any reason I shouldn’t drop it down a hole? Hate to mess with what works.

Check your up travel distance from the top of the riser, to the bottom of the frame. 4-5" is good, I always felt that upper hole is for the 5 1/2" coils.

That trip you're doing will have plenty of go fast sections, it would suck if that bracket hits the frame on every little bump at speed.

Mark

OP
OP
T

True North

I have 5.5 from the top of the trac bar riser to the frame. If I mounted my new bump stop to the top of the trac bar I would be left with only 2.5 inches until the bump stop started to hit. If I moved the trac bar down a hole I could increase that to 4.5 inches.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, the full height of the bump stop does not need to be above the Trac bar, just enough above to keep the frame from hitting it. You could make a bump stop stand from maybe a square tube, like a Hitch receiver, and weld or bolt it on top of the old bump stop stand, and drill a hole in it to mount the bump stop. Good luck

OP
OP
T

True North

That’s exactly what I ended up with B Ron Co. It should be fine. Thanks guys😎

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 125

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, the vendors should include that with the Trac bar riser. One for each side. Just so you know, I have lowered the frame mounting of sway bar mounts the same way. It works great. Fast and easy. Good luck

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used some 2x2x.25" tubing, welded .375" plate in the ends and drilled/tapped for stock bump stops. Worked when I got the front tires off the ground ~3' when the dunes were really peaked. Not my final bump stop plan but it works for now.

j92LZpecqr5vB9dSZNcIISkaCSCfr0vWHMg4D7kx1P4ATH0n-1vrYTJlbotnbQ_DfBwHVZCUR1NG5TFJqGt1SS-TAHKz_kh_J0_Tr9Fp5SzWYIBE1x8ntLSsgbnbif5T3qPmk_sojRCVR_nJqBZI760G1nKeJwIAdN0wkAIYpyt7m04Z4Mg8iJdiJuwjm8494DdoveG5EYzghwf8Tx7fCzSetaD2sJkgMvGMbTaPlz6qUQyICX_8l3VuLuiH00VdsNgmMpXVdthJEmZ6J49F3-dUPCxj6XCbqpJmQOBTPGmmvctEEDPPSwzW9Eg7E3gavHBOb3GaPDIpRShjkcJNi9SdnvazEKa6gzXlxieCv2xvgnNOQg4xj_Rr7dp5gettiEu-pCxaC9jI94Yb5oYrWcYerygI98fmwg-6zFOH_x8M-SNH3gIQ-WGUAjZZX1ovx6ID1TGqZ69Yfe1KdTbBXCnB5gJ0BWE9SRTulwKG6F7dfqee170Kdwnq10InWebzvmplR3mq39UyXApYQtxQBq_vhzij1VkrAaqVuPbgf1YTdU9C9Bt78rsNZUiC_mWQMWk6wohtpTerFzaCbVC8Itfzs1Lt2FE9PpL5wIT1=w1714-h964-no

KyddsPly

Have you considered air bump stops. I had that issue with the riser in, only tapped the frame once, but it was a hell of a drop .

Removed them and install fox stops. Best part is I can adjust them as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro