• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake fluid PROOF coating for m/c, brake calipers...

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Sure sounds like it'll work... not sure I want to disect this one so the oven curing process won't destroy the internals tho....hmmmm....

If I'm rebleeding the system again, I'd just as soon find a later model reservoir for a "never-leak" m/c.... BUT... doesn't mean I won't.

This could be a cool topcoat that isn't what everybody else has on their Bronco...powder coat... :)

Thanks for the follow up TS...much appreciated!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
You may be able to cure it with a heat gun without heating up the whole casting. Intense surface heat. Plug the ports, fill up the master cylinder with brake fluid and cap it tight. Clean the outside well and wire brush it or sand blast it and clean it with alcohol then hit it with high heat from a heat gun very quickly curing the surface with out fully heating up the casting. Its not like its a thick coating. As soon as its all been heated get it in front of a cooling fan. Its not cheap stuff so some one has to be the guinea pig.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I suspect that anything short of exactly how they say to prep, apply, and cure it will result in sub-standard performance. As these coatings get more and more technical and evolved the ability to stray from the recommended application method tends to get narrower and narrower.

Anyone else notice this stuff in the Air Cure section: https://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/C-110Q/micro-slick-dry-film-coating/ ? I'm thinking that it is perfect for things like the small parts on a Hi-Lift. Could use it dry and never have to lube the mechanism.

DC_Gearhead

used a product that is like wax you heat up the metal with a hair dryer in this case and then rub it on supposed to keep metal in natural cast color so far it hasnt rusted but not really tested with brake fluid either. i think eastwood carries it . ill look for the brand name tomorrow if anyone wants it

It’s called RPM. Stuff rocks for restoration items. My dad restores old Mopar muscle cars. Some items were not supposed to be painted. He wants that look, but no rust. This stuff is great.

http://www.ecs-rpm.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk