• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2wd

OP
OP
mike1934ford

mike1934ford

Loc.
cypress
Someone had to change it. Half cabs were not offered in ‘76

do you know how that effects the value of my bronco- good or bad.i had no idea i bought from a the mans family member, after looking it looks like they stopped offering it in 1972

Tugross302

Not as much as lowering it and making it a 2wd. Just kidding. Seriously I don’t see it affecting the value much unless you plan on a original restoration. A lot of people would like to have a half cab but appreciate not having to upgrade to disc power brakes and power steering which yours already has. The value of anything has a direct correlation with the number of buyers who wants it (if supply is limited). Broncos can be modified in several different ways and still have a lot of buyers. However, in my opinion the quickest way to lose numbers of buyers is to make it a street rod.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Some may struggle with this but there are Parts of this country where that half cab being on a 76 makes it about as good as it can get for an early Bronco. So that half cab, I don't believe, has lowered your value at all. And in some circles may have increased it's value.

Having said all that, I love all these hot rod lowered early Broncos I think they are cool as shyt. But if you have a nice 76 Bronco with a half cab on it just keep it that way buddy. You will have to do so many modifications to produce what you want that you might as well start off with a full on basket case of a Bronco. And it's sounds like the one you have right now is really nice.

My advice is to build two, that cool one that you have right now and find a complete and total rust bucket or half assembled "project" early Bronco to convert to a hot rod.

Now become a contributor and post Lots of pictures. Haha

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
That seems like so much work and it will hurt the Bronco's value in the future (in my opinion). There are so many other 2wd SUV type vehicles you could build and would not hurt the value (again, my opinion). Good luck!

68ford

Bronco Guru
Since when has it became all about value? Is not the reward of driving it and having fun worth something? I agree about starting with a wreck if your going to cut it up a bunch, but it seems like the only thing that anyone really cares about is value.
So I guess it would be in everyone's best interest to build a bronco just like everyone else with all the same mediocre bolt on parts from the same 3 to 4 venders ?:?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Since when has it became all about value? Is not the reward of driving it and having fun worth something? I agree about starting with a wreck if your going to cut it up a bunch, but it seems like the only thing that anyone really cares about is value.

So I guess it would be in everyone's best interest to build a bronco just like everyone else with all the same mediocre bolt on parts from the same 3 to 4 venders ?:?

There is monetary value, such as the sum of the parts, and there is the “intrinsic” value of an “original” vehicle which cannot be replaced. The only way to measure that intrinsic value is in terms of money.

In this case I think people, me included, are referring to the intrinsic value of a low mileage original Bronco when they say they would not want to see it destroyed. If it was already heavily modified, or a wreck, nobody would care.

68ford

Bronco Guru
There is monetary value, such as the sum of the parts, and there is the “intrinsic” value of an “original” vehicle which cannot be replaced. The only way to measure that intrinsic value is in terms of money.

In this case I think people, me included, are referring to the intrinsic value of a low mileage original Bronco when they say they would not want to see it destroyed. If it was already heavily modified, or a wreck, nobody would care.

You missed my point, or I was not clear. It seems to be the imediate response to most EB decisions is value. Not intended use or what one would enjoy. Everyone appears to be so focused on value. Doesn't help with places like velocity/roadstershop selling super expensive vehicles with terrible designed chassis making people think something useless is cool.

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
I will just have to agree with Slowleak, as there is no way I can write as well as him.

I don't really look at the monetary value part of it per se.

I guess I respect it as a 47 year old survivor that has made it this far.

Same reason I wouldn't drill and tap the receiver on a 150 year old Sharps rifle to put a red dot scope on it.

My 2 cents.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
You missed my point, or I was not clear. It seems to be the imediate response to most EB decisions is value. Not intended use or what one would enjoy. Everyone appears to be so focused on value. Doesn't help with places like velocity/roadstershop selling super expensive vehicles with terrible designed chassis making people think something useless is cool.

Gotcha.... I guess people are more concerned with value, and have more to risk, as prices continue to go up. It probably just comes down to wanting to make a wise decision in case they have to, or want to sell. Nobody wants to take a beating even if they have had some fun....

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Personally, for me, it is about saving survivors like this. Broncos are not high number production vehicles and this one could be easily traded for a non survivor, that would be modded. But in the end, after having modified my own, (not finished) prefer to leave them closer to stock now. For example, i looked an early 67 yesterday, probably will buy it, just so i can someone get into the bronco community. I will post some pics in a new thread of my "not a barn find". In the end, it is your vehicle, and you can do with it whatever you decide, but the wiser choice would be to not make a 2WD drive out it. Just for the record, my first bronco was a 76, uncut. I traded it for the one i own now, never should have got rid of the uncut. Cool screen name btw.

pipeline010

i don't think anyone here is really concerned about the value...they are rightly using that as a tool to keep the OP from doing what he is thinking of doing.

it seems the real goal from most folks is to have this guy not rip apart the trucks we all seem to love so much to turn it into something...else.

if we really truly only cared about 'value' we'd tell him to go nuts...cause what he's planning will indeed destroy the truck, making all of our value go up slightly more by eliminating yet another survivor.

BRONCO635

I think that it’s more about ethics. Broncos were build as 4wd vehicles from Ford period.
Just ain’t right to make something like that out of this kinda truck. Just get a Ranger or something to hack up.
Sorry that’s just my 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Since the OP has some concern about the value of his Bronco regarding it being a half cab or not I opined on the value of his project in general (my opinion, of course).

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Even more courious is worrying if the half cab changes the value with no regard to destroying the value with a 2WD conversion.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Don't think I'd ever consider converting an eb to a 2wd.. but that's me lol

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i don't think anyone here is really concerned about the value...they are rightly using that as a tool to keep the OP from doing what he is thinking of doing.

it seems the real goal from most folks is to have this guy not rip apart the trucks we all seem to love so much to turn it into something...else.

if we really truly only cared about 'value' we'd tell him to go nuts...cause what he's planning will indeed destroy the truck, making all of our value go up slightly more by eliminating yet another survivor.

pretty much sums up this community, we want to see the survivors live on

CraigS

Even if 'survivor' means dash drilled to hell for gauges and switches that aren't original. Front dana 30s trashed for 44s and 60s that weren't original, hideous paint jobs in non original colors, seats out of Japanese imports and Chinese factories. Yes. Let's have original.