• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please, Ford, don't do it.....

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I'm not expecting a straight axle up front, a v-8, manual tranny option, low range t-case, removable top or anything that makes a bronco a bronco but please give us something that make it over a curb at the mall.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
If it does not have a solid axle in front I expect it to fade away quickly.
Look at the fate of the FJ Cruiser, no solid axle and gone after only a few years.
It was too much trouble to lift for some real off-road tires.
Buyers expected it to be able to compete with the Wrangler but it couldn't.

Toyota has serious fanboys and they didn't like it enough to keep it in production.

yakelys69

That blazer is sad. I would rather they not release a new bronco then do something like that.

Jaxgtc

The article I read said the are targeting the 2-row suv market and the Nissan Murano and Ford Edge are what they are aiming for with the Blazer. Clearly cross over terrain. At this point it’s more name recognition than market segment for them.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The article I read said the are targeting the 2-row suv market and the Nissan Murano and Ford Edge are what they are aiming for with the Blazer. Clearly cross over terrain. At this point it’s more name recognition than market segment for them.

This is what I worry ford will do with the bronco

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Since many of you do not travel to the Face Book side of things I will try and share what we know. For several months at different events Ford has had their designers present. Several of us have had meetings with them and discussions, myself included but they are super tight lipped about things. My interpretation based on questions asked and trying to read their body language and listening to what they would say is the vehicle has been pushed back due to design. From what we were told the initial target of being a jeep killer has faded so much due to the focus group interventions that it has been pushed back due to the response they are getting from the bronco community. I did speak in depth that all of the focus groups are going to steer it to a crossover simply because that is what the masses want. Ford has plenty to offer but a big help I think was when we mentioned what Chevy did with the blazer and how disgusted the blazer communities were that they simply borrowed the name and had no intention to make a truly capable vehicle I think and hope is a big reason for the push back. I would not hold your breath on a solid front axle however I would not say that feature alone would limit its ability, just look at the Raptor. They did share renewed interest in assuring us that it was still on track to go after the wrangler market so we can only assume that things will be better in the end. Most of the designers at the events poured over all of the EB's there, looking at how we have all built them and even more so when we saw them at Silver Lake Sand Dunes that they saw how we drove them. Some were complete stockers all the way to full on trail rigs and everyone was having a blast, even the Ford guys.