• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2wd

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Sell it to someone who doesn't want to destroy it. Then buy one that someone already messed up or converted. Lowering and switching to 2 wheel drive will cut the value in half or less, there has actually been some fairly good buys on ones already built.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Get a blazer they come in two drive already

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Why do you want to use such a crappy outdated front suspension?
With the current value of Broncos you are going to be throwing about $20k into the trash can no matter how nice you make it.
It's been done, and I am pretty sure they used better suspension then a MustangII.

68ford

Bronco Guru
Man you got everyone all butthurt. Should have just went full throttle into this and said LS swap too ;D

OP
OP
mike1934ford

mike1934ford

Loc.
cypress
so cutting rear quater panels out to fit big tires is not destroying the bronco. my bronco is uncut and will remain that way. I was planning on building a new frame and keeping the old one. also how is a mustang 2 with rack and pinion with tubular control arms and coilover shocks out dated suspension. i guess all of us with streetrods or behind the times

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Jeeps ZJ's come in 2wd also. & they got electric seat & AC to keep you kool.
Sorry to break this to you but Jeep radios SUCK BIG TIME . oNLy one out of one hundred & nine work correctly. But they come with Power Steering ..

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Fatman Fabricators makes a retro fit suspension that is "based" on the MustangII design.
It is anything but outdated.
This may be what he meant.
Aftermarket Mustang II stuff.
Big difference.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Vin # is on the frame.......if you build a new one, how do you get it titled without the correct VIN # on the frame???

Just something to think about before you jump in too far.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I've never been a fan of " completely stock " EBs so I have no issues with modifying one but that being said ; there aren't many stock/uncuts left out there and a lot of already modified ones . I'd keep that one as is and find one that's already been "tweaked on " -Oh don't know if it's relevant but the 1/2 cab isn't stock/ factory on a '76 .

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Not keeping the 4WD, not keeping the frame, probably not keeping the drivetrain.
At this point you are destroying an original bronco for a tub. Why not just buy one of the new aftermarket tubs and build off that?

OP
OP
mike1934ford

mike1934ford

Loc.
cypress
im new to broncos but this is a 1 owner truck with a half cab on it. dont believe the old man changed it. somebody let me know, sure are a bunch of them on the internet

Tugross302

im new to broncos but this is a 1 owner truck with a half cab on it. dont believe the old man changed it. somebody let me know, sure are a bunch of them on the internet

Someone had to change it. Half cabs were not offered in ‘76