• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

looking for Power steering rebuild

Green-Machine

Looking for someone that rebuilds stock power steering boxes. I am in the monterey area but I can ship it.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used west Texas for mine because they were closer for shipping. I talked to blue top and they were Very knowledgeable and helpful over the phone. I would use them without any hesitation.

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
West Texas Off road did mine, can't yet vouch for it on the on-going build but had a lot of recommendations on them. Customer service and quick turnaround was excellent.

TheLimeRanger

Just had mine rebuilt at AGR steering. I can't say enough good things about my experience. I reached ot to redhead, bluetop,and West Texas. Redhead told me they had one box of parts left to convert to a 4 turn box and if I needed a sector shaft it was going to total near $1k. Bluetop and West Texas no longer have the parts to convert to a 4 turn. AGR rebuilt my box, changed it to a 4.25 turn and replaced the sector shaft. I spoke to Josh a few times during the process. What impressed me the most is that he didn't try to sell me something I didn't need. I asked him if I should replace the pump at the same time as the rebuild. He could have easily told me that I should but instead he said to try mine first and go from there. He even sent me video of my box on the assembly line. If you buy his fluid he'll warranty the box for 2 years. My total with the fluid was $711 including return shipping. WWW.steerco.com

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I Was going to say PSC also ..
PSC motorsport 817-270-0102
400 church road
..I have a 2nd address 6715 corp parkway suite D
FT Worth 76128
I had 2 address in my phone .. They move to a larger location
. I used them about 12 years ago & about 5 years ago & Just about 2 months ago . Same good friendly service every time ..
1 ST TIME they built it wrong . But I sent it back .. They laughed at them selves & Fixed it & shipped it back .. Free of course.
1ST TIME I USED A 80 SCOUT II Box. But it has backwards gears to our Bronco.
SO I GOT IT BACK & it turned the wrong way.
... This one we just got back was a reseal job & change from 6 turns down to a 4 turn . It cost about $400.00.