• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Bronco - Build In The Works

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Franko289 - I am west of you about an hour south of Tampa. If you are on the west coast of Florida sometime, let me know.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have finally gotten back to this Bronco.

The Body is now at the shop and will be Sand Blasted this weekend. Then cleaned, Acid Washed, Metal Prepped and 2-3 coats of PPG Red Oxide Primer. The under carriage will remain Red Oxide as my 69 Half Cab was done. The rest of the body will be painted Ford Ingot Silver. I may do a Black Grill Center?

Just about all the parts are waiting to be installed. 4R70W is on the way too.

Pictures next week.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good luck man.. I know it's hard to find time these days personally. Stoopid work

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Progress this past weekend.

Sand Blast, Acid Wash, Prep and PPG Red Oxide Primer.

The ground was like a beach afterwards with all the sand. Should have brought an Umbrella and a large Margarita!

Minimal surface Rust on this Bronco.

One step at a time.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Red Oxide Bottom.jpeg
    77 Bronco - Red Oxide Bottom.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 77 Bronco - Red Oxide Engine Bay.jpeg
    77 Bronco - Red Oxide Engine Bay.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 177

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Looking good Raymond- let me know if you ever need a second set of hands for something.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Some additional work on the Tub. More Red Oxide Epoxy.

I hate doing this process in sections. But I had to, especially since I ran out of sand the first day.

I am blessed to have a Complete Body like this to work with. Not a single panel or piece has been cut-out or replaced. 100% Original Metal!

I'm am really excited to tell you the truth. This truck will end up looking amazing.

Attachments

• 77 Coyote - Front Floor Epoxy.jpg
    77 Coyote - Front Floor Epoxy.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 77 Coyote - Rear Floor Epoxy.jpg
    77 Coyote - Rear Floor Epoxy.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 173
  • 77 Coyote - Tub Epoxy.jpg
    77 Coyote - Tub Epoxy.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 166
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks - So far so good. It's pretty much all sealed up now.

I still have a lot of small screw and bolt holes to fill from previous owner installed options. I will also fill some factory holes that will not be used for the Coyote install. The Coyote will have an electronic gas pedal, so the holes that were for the mechanical linkage will be filled. It's gonna be awhile before final prep and paint.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have not been showing this Bronco any love for a long time. I have been trying to get others done. I did get a little work done on the Rolling Chassis this past weekend.

I have removed the Front and Rear Original Shock mounts. There was a lot of cutting and grinding involved.

I will weld on New Wild Horses Front Max Travel Shock Towers and Rear Inboard Shock Hoops.

If I stay with the Current 2 1/2" Springs, I will add the James Duff T-Rex Arms Up Front. If I change to the 3 1/2" Springs, I'll install the James Duff Extended Radius Arms.

The body is at the Body Shop for final prep and paint........ I'm waiting........... He is a one man show and does a lot of Insurance Work. I can wait though, he is the best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So, I have decided to go with a TDK frame for this Bronco with the Coyote build.

The current 77 stripped frame will be used for my 76 Magnetic body. Everything will be switched over.

It's a timing thing more than anything else. I have a finished 76 Body and a 77 frame ready for upgraded 4-Link and other suspension.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's been awhile since I've worked on this Bronco.

I received the TDK Frame a few weeks ago. The TDK Frame is very stout compared to the Original Bronco Frame. I ordered the frame with the Coyote build in mind so it is 1 inch wider off center to each side - 2 inches overall wider. This gives me a little more room and clearance for the much wider Coyote Motor.

I got the front Taller Shock Towers and the rear Inboard Hoop Shock Mount welded. I decided on Semi-Gloss Black for Powder coat. The frame was out of the oven yesterday and picked up today.

May the final build and assembly begin.

Attachments

• TDK Frame.jpg
    TDK Frame.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 182
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A little work completed on this Bronco.

The Complete front suspension with steering linkage and Hellwig Sway Bar have been installed. Still need Brakes done up front.

Rear Springs have been installed and waiting for the Powder Coated Super 9 Rear. Once I have the Rear Axle, I will install the 3rd-Member with 4.88 Gears, Detroit TruTrac, 31 Spline Axles and Willwood Disc Brakes. The Wrap Trap axle bracket has been welded but will wait after body is installed to complete.

I have the Fuel and Brake Lines installed and will complete once the Rear Tank arrives.

So far so good. Slowly getting it done.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is a pic of progress this morning.

Super 9 Rear being assembled. It should be installed tomorrow.

Little by little.

Attachments

• Coyote Rear Axle.jpg
    Coyote Rear Axle.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have most of the rolling chassis put together. Wild Horses System 18 Installed.

Still have Brakes to install on the front, then Fuel tank and lines..

I will install the Coyote engine tomorrow (I considered a 351C instead), then deliver to Body Shop soon to Mock-up with body installed and modify anything if needed.

She's getting there.....

Attachments

• 77 Chassis.jpg
    77 Chassis.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 77 Rear Chassis.jpg
    77 Rear Chassis.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 73
  • 77 Rolling Chassis.jpg
    77 Rolling Chassis.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: