• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MI Does anyone know anything about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The best piece of advice I can give is do not buy anything without your personal inspection.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
advice #2 don't buy from a car dealer ;)

I see lots of krylon and blurry pics, I'd avoid this one

....and where do you see undercarriage?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
The best piece of advice I can give is do not buy anything without your personal inspection.

There are no under carriage pictures, lots of black spray paint, the winch cable is junk, fairlead on winch is junk, patched drivers floor, welded patch on Pass door window frame...

I could go on just from what I can see... Pass.

Attac

Contributor
jmullins
look at the broncos right here for sale by member. way better broncos at way better prices, like under 20k. Pops for example. Folks on here are usually selling one of their extras or just want to build another. Most on here have seen these broncos and you can get opinions on them from unbiased 3rd partys. Listen to these guys on this board as they see things like overspray and patches that i dont even see. No one trying to steer you wrong here, they just want another happy bronco brother/sister.
Dont let your emotion of a "look" of a vehicle sway you. A bunch of really good broncos around for sub 20k that you would have 12k left for paint/rims to make it what you want.
Chuck

jmullins62575

jmullins
look at the broncos right here for sale by member. way better broncos at way better prices, like under 20k. Pops for example. Folks on here are usually selling one of their extras or just want to build another. Most on here have seen these broncos and you can get opinions on them from unbiased 3rd partys. Listen to these guys on this board as they see things like overspray and patches that i dont even see. No one trying to steer you wrong here, they just want another happy bronco brother/sister.
Dont let your emotion of a "look" of a vehicle sway you. A bunch of really good broncos around for sub 20k that you would have 12k left for paint/rims to make it what you want.
Chuck
Yes sir.....I think that is exactly what I was looking at.....the "look". I see those big tires, nice paint, sick stance, and a winch and its "shut up and take my money!!" LOL. But having owned a Bronco before, I noticed the underside was a little rough. Having watched these things for a while, I thought it might be a reasonable price. I don't need something crazy expensive or anything.....just something me and the old lady can have fun with. Thank you all for the advice!!

Kalex

Contributor
Lots of awesome advice as always in this thread. jmullins I heard about and saw a few pics of 76 for sale in South Carolina. Guy that owns it has several and wants to concentrate on finishing a half cab. Guy that is selling it for him(shop the owner uses)is truly an expert. I saw a few pics. Only rust is visible from underneath and is driver's side floor pan. Shop guy told me that it needs a new accelerator pump and c4 pan leaks a little from sitting. So a new gasket there.

I am not the seller or have anything to do with the bronco, but know all the guys involved. Let me know if you want his contact info to follow up. I think he wants about 18K. I agree with another poster that Pops has a nice one for sale.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Chuck and Kalex: Thanks for the kind words!!!

No new paint on body or frame - that way you can see what you get - No "lipstick on a Pig" as some members have unfortunately bought in the past and others can easily spot in pictures.

Pops

jmullins62575

Chuck and Kalex: Thanks for the kind words!!!

No new paint on body or frame - that way you can see what you get - No "lipstick on a Pig" as some members have unfortunately bought in the past and others can easily spot in pictures.

Pops

Pops......I am obviously new at this site....is there a way to search for your bronco that is for sale?

jmullins62575

Lots of awesome advice as always in this thread. jmullins I heard about and saw a few pics of 76 for sale in South Carolina. Guy that owns it has several and wants to concentrate on finishing a half cab. Guy that is selling it for him(shop the owner uses)is truly an expert. I saw a few pics. Only rust is visible from underneath and is driver's side floor pan. Shop guy told me that it needs a new accelerator pump and c4 pan leaks a little from sitting. So a new gasket there.

I am not the seller or have anything to do with the bronco, but know all the guys involved. Let me know if you want his contact info to follow up. I think he wants about 18K. I agree with another poster that Pops has a nice one for sale.

I would love to see the pics you have seen....thanks!!!

Kalex

Contributor
Jmullins, Just sent you a pm(private message).

Obviously Pops can and will answer for himself, but I am typing anyway. His Bronco is listed about 3-5 posts below this thread and says something like " My '68 for sale 17,500 Firm".

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
That first one you posted pics of looks like they ran out of spray paint about an hour before they shot the pics. There is a pile of rust that wants to show itself as well.
Good advice above as well, there are better deals to be had and right here on this site.
Good luck with your search!

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
What about $30k seems fair?

From the pics, I think I'd be more interested in the blue K5, or the full sized.

Status
Not open for further replies.