• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sam P. Door Skin Removal/Install

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
I always looked at it like the old part needed filler, not the new part although sometimes I need it if I section it....so how many of us are "body and paint guys" on here?

OP
OP
sp71eb

sp71eb

Loc.
North Liberty, Ia
3 years doing start to finish body and paint at a dealership and 6 years doing just body work at the shop I work at now.

OP
OP
sp71eb

sp71eb

Loc.
North Liberty, Ia
took me about 4 hours to skin the door, por 15 my steering linkage, epoxy prime the door shell, eat a jimmy johns #9, and take all of the pictures. And that was on a Sunday:) If your just skinning a door I would say for a first timer it would take about 3.5 hours. You have to think about taking the door off the truck, R&I Door handle, lock cylinder, window, vent window, belt mldg, window weatherstrip. Remember this is not a race. An average modern door pays about 6.5 hours to skin but that includes all of the door tear down and removing the door from a car.

jerrybromley

Contributor
I know this is a very old post, but , I am about to do this job for the first time and this post is fantastic ! All the questions I had were answered ( until I actually start that is ;) ).
THANK YOU sp71eb for a clear and understandable explanation