• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 Texas Pebble Beige

redfishtony

Loc.
Thomasville GA
I also have a 69 that was originally pebble beige. I noticed in your post yours has a "ranch hand bracket", is this the bracket on the side of the truck that catches the spare tire holder? Mine has the side bracket. thks

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I also have a 69 that was originally pebble beige. I noticed in your post yours has a "ranch hand bracket", is this the bracket on the side of the truck that catches the spare tire holder? Mine has the side bracket. thks

I'm sorry, I am not sure what you are referring to.

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
So I got a little work done over the weekend.

I got the driverside broken down, cleaned up and painted. I installed a new ujoint and also rebuilt the knuckle while it was broken down. The bearings in the knuckle were completely toast. Hard to imagine driving this thing around in traffic with how bad the brakes were and the knuckle being floppy and unstable. I guess I would have driven it like that when I was in my early 20s tho. haha

Unfotunately when I started assembling the passenger side I dropped the ujoint cap on the floor spilling its bearings everywhere. I went ahead and started changing all the fluids while I wait for a matching ujoint to arrive.

Heres some shots of the rear brakes and the driver side assembly.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin

I would ask chuckyb, I believe his is the one with the bracket

chuckyb

Contributor
I would ask chuckyb, I believe his is the one with the bracket

Yes, mine has the bracket and I plan on reinstalling it when I finish the build. You can see the location for mounting on the quarter panel and the bracket itself in the pictures.

Attachments

• 125E4B21-DF2E-4DFB-BFCA-06945F898875.jpg
    125E4B21-DF2E-4DFB-BFCA-06945F898875.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 58AC4F60-0868-4A3A-AA07-B423EF942780.jpg
    58AC4F60-0868-4A3A-AA07-B423EF942780.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 44

75Denver

That patina!!! Are you able to keep all exterior panels and just address the floors/inner fenders (?) while keeping all the original steel? That's friggin awesome!

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
On your drum brakes, the short shoe should be toward the front.

Attachments

• Rear Brake diagram.jpg
    Rear Brake diagram.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
That patina!!! Are you able to keep all exterior panels and just address the floors/inner fenders (?) while keeping all the original steel? That's friggin awesome!

That is the plan. The original paint is so nice that i hope to never have to mess with the exterior other than one spot in the driver rocker. However I am gonna leave that spot until it gets bigger and really needs to be addressed.

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
On your drum brakes, the short shoe should be toward the front.

You know, I noticed that when I was posting the pics and realized i put them on backwards on the drivers side. Do you think it matters or is it something I should reverse?

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Well, the bronco is back on the ground with good brakes and a new iginition system all tuned up and ready to go.

Now all I have to do is chase down what seem to be pretty major wiring issues. Under the dash there were two connections, one that goes into steering clumn and one to gauges. Both were unhooked but when I hooked them up it immediately was drawing power and sounded like a turn signal switch relay was constantly trying to work.

I need to get a manual with legit wiring diagrams as I am not super great about tracing that stuff myself. Any suggestions on the best manual for a 1969?

Pics Later today....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Like that rig a lot.. Nice simple, clean look....

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Got the Bronco on the road finally. Had to have some help with some things because I got too busy.

-Wiring Harness is done. Went with American Autowire. I am not a fan that the speaker doesn't fit in the hole now that the fuse panel is in the glove box. Other than some connectors needing to be tightened it seems to be okay. My buddy wrapped it pretty well and its kinda hard to tell its been replaced unless you know what you are looking for.

-Hooker Headers and Dual Exhaust installed. Has Hooker Turbo 2 Mufflers. Exits out the back at a 45 degree angle

-New Clutch Pack and resurfaced flywheel and seep clean of transmission

-Installed Auxillary Tank (however my truck doesn't have vent lines from filler neck and I can't get gas in the tank without it burping it all back at me)

-Wipers are working (slight vaccum leak on driver side motor) Plan on sending these off to get rebuilt. Any place yall know about that you prefer?

-new battery tray, battery and cables

-All the lights are working but I am having some issues with gauges. Fuel gauge keeps going up and down, almost as if it is losing power for a split second. Gotta figure that out.

So far I've probably put about 150 miles on it in the past week... I took her for a little cruise this morning and got some photos...

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Congratulations to getting it on the road. And some very calendar quality pictures as well, love it.

chuckyb

Contributor
Great pictures for sure! Glad that you are enjoying her. Try Ficken Wiper service in NY. Others here have recommended him. I spoke to him but opted to go with electric wipers so I never sent mine in.