• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Color/VIN questions...please help

smokinson

My relative has a creme white 1969 bronco that I am working on getting to keep in the fam, and the VIN is U14GLF93981 with a color code of number 2 (Light Ivy Yellow)....According to BroncOhio, it is Light Ivy Yellow, but it is an off white and looks to be original paint? Is there definition of Light Ivy Yellow close to an off white? Also, the production date codes do not show up on the 1969 page of broncohio? They say the last ones were F5000-F63999 and this one is F93981...what does all this tell me please....

Extra info if needed:
Tag says:
Model is U140
Body 3 97
Axle 18

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Broncohio has some mistakes here and there. It's still a 69' u14
2 is not listed on the "bronco color thread", but is on Broncohio as you stated. On the Ford color code charts, 2 is listed a New Lime for trucks and Broncos in 69'.

3 is bench seat
97 is half cab
18 axle is 2900lb 3.50 gears

OP
OP
S

smokinson

I appreciate the input. The family swears it has always been a crème color (kinda off white if you will) and I cannot for the life of me find any yellow or green anywhere. The color code number 2 in 1968 was called "Coachman Crème"...is it possible that this was painted with a 1968 color code name from the factory? Would a marti report for sure solve this inquiry?

Again thank you so much!!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I appreciate the input. The family swears it has always been a crème color (kinda off white if you will) and I cannot for the life of me find any yellow or green anywhere. The color code number 2 in 1968 was called "Coachman Crème"...is it possible that this was painted with a 1968 color code name from the factory? Would a marti report for sure solve this inquiry?

Again thank you so much!!

Yes Marti would answer your color question for sure, unless the Ford notes that Marti uses weren't documented correctly lol.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's what I was thinking too at first. But "Coachman Creme" sounds more like it. Never heard that one listed before, but anything is possible with these rigs.
And it's definitely possible that a year earlier or later color (usually earlier though I think) was used on a Bronco. Seems to have happened a lot based on the stories here.
Either that or the charts just weren't as accurate as we'd like.

Perhaps yours was even special ordered with a different color not available that year. Hard to say, but yes, the Marti would be good to have even if it doesn't clear it all up.
They're great conversation pieces no matter what. I've just about gotten over the price of the first one and am about to order the second.
I did the full-tilt deluxe model since I'd had my '71 for so long I figured it deserved the full Monte.

Not sure which way I'll go on the '68, but it'll be fun no matter what.

Good luck with the search. And make sure you post back up when you do find out what Ford had going on with your family's Bronco. We love to hear about all the little differences in one Bronco from the other.

Thanks

Paul

hucklburry rev2

Have you googled "Ford Light Ivy Yellow" and used google images to see other Fords with that color? Let me know what you think.

My 66 Springtime Yellow isn't all that Yellow to me.....but the wife says I'm color blind

OP
OP
S

smokinson

Yes, I have looked at the 1969 color code #2 which is "Light Ivy Yellow" and it is clearly a yellow...and no where on this vehicle does it have anything like it...and all original owners say it was this crème white from day one...

I am going to be looking for some of the old documents and see if I can find any original paperwork, and if I get the bronco for sure, I will do the Marti and of course post for everyone...this site is awesome because of the folks like you reading this and taking the time to help each other...also the folks running this site...from a newbie, thank you!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Are you sure that vin is F93981 and not E93981? That would give it a much earlier build date. Maybe early enough to be around when they transitioned paint codes.

It appears that the Coachmen Beige was a truck color code 2 in 68. In 69 code 2 for trucks changed to New Lime and Coachmen Beige was color code 2 for Econolines only. If you have an early production date it seems it could have the ‘68 code 2 paint which would be Coachmen Beige.

40d8d1264274b55bcfa377d05a49187e.jpg