• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WA Rare Rancho Overdrive Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

68broncoPaul

Loc.
Ravensdale WA
I selling my rebuilt, rare rancho overdrive for our Bronco's with the D20.
I replaced my original engine and have decided to leave it completely stock.
It is complete. I have an idea of whats its worth but I'm open to offers
20180205_132144_zpse2dm1cvu.jpg

OP
OP
68broncoPaul

68broncoPaul

Loc.
Ravensdale WA
extra points, if you can tell what this is for??!! Everybody keeps asking so this is what I'm trying to do I want to put a bar or 70w in my daily driver so I need a bound control a wiring harness and a torque converter for it so that's the kind of money minimum I'm looking for.
20180205_132206_zpskdmhptv6.jpg

Last edited:

aj

Loc.
Holts Summit , Mo
Been trying to get a price out of him for several days now. Either he hasn't been on here or he not wanting to really sell.

Ink1967

I sent a few emails to him as well. Asked him how much he was looking to get, went something like this...

Me:
I'm interested in your rancho overdrive. Can you give me an idea of what you would like to get for it?

Him:
I want to put a 4 R 70 W in my other Bronco and so I'm trying to get enough money together for about almond control wiring harness and a torque converter for it so that should give you an idea what I want for it

Me:
Ok, so I'm not that familiar with the harness and convertor for a 4R70 but it looks like a TCI converter runs about 150-190 and a MSD control harness is about 160.00? So what are you thinking $400.00

Him:
Not even close on your costs but thanks anyways.

Me:
Ok I told you I have never priced one so why don't you make this easier on both of us and give me a price.

Seems like he's just hoping someone will give him whatever cryptic price is floating around in his head. I agree, put a price on it or start an auction elsewhere.

aj

Loc.
Holts Summit , Mo
Yea, that pretty much how mine went too. Looks like he is "fishing." Oh well, I don't need it that bad. I've read a few posts on them and they seem to have issues and parts are difficult to find.

Last edited:

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Yea, that pretty much how mine went too. Looks like he is "fishing." Oh well, I don't need it that bad. I've read a few posts on them and they seem to have issues and parts are difficult to find.

This^^^
Don't forget you will need to have your driveshaft shortened. Gave one away off my brothers '68.
I wish him luck with the sale it but doesn't seem he wants to give a price. Odd....

Ranger354

Loc.
Greeneville, TN
I don't post on here much but lurk around a lot. I have seen a couple of posts here recently. I am on another bass fishing web board and unless you price it up front...you can't post it. If you want bids...EBAY!

OP
OP
68broncoPaul

68broncoPaul

Loc.
Ravensdale WA
I've been out of town dealing with a family emergency for all you nay Sayers. And this is one of the reasons why I hate selling stuff on here and quit doing it. Everybody's an expert but show me another one that you've seen.

BonezTheGoon

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
. . . unless you price it up front...you can't post it. If you want bids...EBAY!

Yeah, I used to be active on a motorcycle forum and they had the same strict policy as well. I kind of like that it isn't strict policy here, but I think it's threads like this that cause some site admins to make it policy. Oh well!

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
I've been out of town dealing with a family emergency for all you nay Sayers. And this is one of the reasons why I hate selling stuff on here and quit doing it. Everybody's an expert but show me another one that you've seen.

Why not simply give a price? It’s not that complicated.

Hope your family situation is going okay.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

I recall the asking price being about $600 for them and a quick search netted a result where Terry was selling one for $675 about 4 years ago.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244855

We see them - just not frequently.

Todd Z.

aj

Loc.
Holts Summit , Mo

Sorry for the family trouble and hope everything turns out ok.

I specifically told you up front I wasn't an expert nor knew much about them. I asked for more information about them from you, don't really recall getting much information or knowledge out of you, just that you wanted enough money to complete your other tranmission project convertion which I know nothing about. I was legitimately interested but I don't play games either and would appriecate the same respect as I'm sure other would including yourself. Please stop "fishing" and put a price on it or auction it off somewhere or don't advertise it, simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.