• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Soft top stitching repair for tight wads

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Just wanted to report on how I repaired the stitching on my soft top for cheap. After searching I came up with the Speedy Stitcher sewing awl with the fine needle and a roll of coat and canvas thread from Wal-mart. For under $20 I was able to rethread the bad portions and not look like a patch job. It is slow and by hand, but I used the existing thread holes, it took an hour to restitch about 18 inches of my back window around the curve, but it saved me from buying a new canvas.
There are videos on the product on youtube of how it works. Very simple, but factory looking results.

OP
OP
iwlbcnu

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Sure, we can cut the patch from the other side so the fabric matches and sew it right on.:eek: