• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any interest in reproduction jack bags?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I looked into this a while back and just saw someone else looking for one which prompted me to revisit it since it was not cost effective for me to make just a few for myself.

The bags will be authentic reproductions just like the original storage bags that the jack was stored in under the hood.

If you are interested, please go to this thread for details and post up if you are interested.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2217132#post2217132

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Fortunately I still have the original for Elmer. It's fun to hear people wanting to get to this level of authenticity.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Bump, only two days left for the introductory offer on these.

Click HERE for more info and to reserve one if this is something you'd be interested in.

I'm also going to be making some 1967 inside the spare wheel jack hold down hooks if anyone might one one of those as well. Info on those can be found here:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215654

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I got the new sealer in today and set it up and tested it out and it worked great. I made several bags, and will have them ready to ship out next week.

Since I got more orders than expected, I am going to further discount the price on multiple orders for those of you who said wanted 2, 4 and even 6 of them from $12 to $10 on the 2nd and all additional bags in your order.

My main goal on this initial sale was to help cover the costs for the large roll of material and equipment I had to get. Now that it looks like I will meet that main goal, I thought I could drop the price a bit more for those of you with multiple orders are helped in a big way to make this feasible for all of us.

Here are a few pics of my beat up original next to one I made tonight.

Attachments

• CIMG0065.jpg
    CIMG0065.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 57
  • CIMG0066.jpg
    CIMG0066.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 53
  • CIMG0069.jpg
    CIMG0069.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 51
  • CIMG0068.jpg
    CIMG0068.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Thanks for the great response guys!

Only a few hours left for anyone else who wants to get one (or more) at the introductory prices. Post how many you want in the vendors section thread linked above in post #1 by midnight tonight, Thanksgiving night.

I figured I'd sell 20 or 30 of these, but so far there are commitments for about double that, so I knocked down the price a bit more for those of you who wanted 2 or more.

I made more last night and have 75 of them ready to ship next week.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
NOV-28 Update:

I have received about half the payments so far and I know there are at least a few being mailed to me.

If you have posted up that you wanted some of these bags and have not yet sent in your payment, please do so ASAP.

As I posted earlier, in order to get the introductory pricing, I'd like to have all payments for these submitted by the end of the month (only two days away).

I will be taking 14 orders for over 30 bags to the post office tomorrow for those of you who have already paid:

Chethair
Hylander
Ovails
Jdmach1
Tbruz
Clarrance
Rmiller747
House
Rickb1b
AndyP
Mike Hoover
Thesnake

I have a couple others I can not match to a screen name.

Thanks,
Drew

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Thanks Drew. You still work on the 67 jack parts too:cool: Please.

Yes, I got the material in and blanks cut for a batch of them on Thanksgiving day but did not have a wheel or the original hook and a jack there to use for test fits.

Since then I took a spare stock wheel up to my dads machine shop so we can verify the fit before we make them. Now I just need to pull the jack and the original hook out of our 67 (at another friends shop where we do paint and final assembly) to have there when we form them.

Should be in the next week or so, then off to the plater for zinc plating.

I also have some of the original style stamped wing nuts on order.

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Yes, I got the material in and blanks cut for a batch of them on Thanksgiving day but did not have a wheel or the original hook and a jack there to use for test fits.

Since then I took a spare stock wheel up to my dads machine shop so we can verify the fit before we make them. Now I just need to pull the jack and the original hook out of our 67 (at another friends shop where we do paint and final assembly) to have there when we form them.

Should be in the next week or so, then off to the plater for zinc plating.

I also have some of the original style stamped wing nuts on order.

Thank you and much appreciated.