• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Header??

GRN_MEANIE

I'm getting ready for an Explorer motor. I have full width axles. What headers are you guys using. I had JD full length headers before I swapped to full width axles, and they didn't work with the full width setup.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I believe you will want to go with a shorty header. B.C. Broncos has a really nice set....

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Need to know what heads you have... '96 & early '97 explorer had GT40 heads, mid '97 and up used GT40p heads. The GT40p requires special headers due to the angle of the spark plug. Any Bronco header will fit theGT40 heads.

Todd