• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I scored another Bronco today!!!! The "GOLD NUGGET"

Jluck

I don't know how it happens but it always seems to.....

I have a million miles to go on my 69 and I scored a deal on a 73 that was WAY to good to pass up... I know, I know, Its a sickness.

The new 73 rust bucket has PS, PB, 302/C4 and a 44 front! I'm pretty excited. I don't know if I will cannibalize it for parts or plan another build... My youngest son has been poking around mine dropping hints too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jluck

Congratulations. Hope you can save it.

Pictures??

I'm not a contributor yet and I didn't even take any yet as I didn't really think he'd part with it. Once these 12 hour 7 days a week work shifts stop I'll go get it and post some pics. It isn't the purdyest girl at the ball....

Shoot, Now days with new frames and bodies anything is possible.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Congrats man! I feel your excitement (bought my 2nd in Nov) but kind of a downer to click this thread and see no pics ?:?:(:cry:

OP
OP
J

Jluck

A little rough around the edges....]

Attachments

• 20180416_100251.jpg
    20180416_100251.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 383
  • 20180416_100357.jpg
    20180416_100357.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 20180416_100634.jpg
    20180416_100634.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 20180416_100852.jpg
    20180416_100852.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 313

fosgate150

Congrats on the find!

P.S. The grill option for a plywood bench with a vice has to be a rare option... :)

Wolverine

I am going to save these pictures, they are classic. The bench vise in the grill, the weeds growing throughout. Can't make out the license plate, where is this located? Started up no problem, eh?

OP
OP
J

Jluck

Congrats on the find!

P.S. The grill option for a plywood bench with a vice has to be a rare option... :)

It should up the value by at least a grand these days I reckon!

Put it on Ebay for 20K...LOL

Sad but true... I don't think this one is going anywhere.

A little work with the pressure washer and she'll be good as new! Way to go man..

Hoping to get it home this weekend to knock the farts and barnacles off it and see what's there.

I am going to save these pictures, they are classic. The bench vise in the grill, the weeds growing throughout. Can't make out the license plate, where is this located? Started up no problem, eh?

Hard to believe these can be found rotting away in a field nowa' days huh?. It actually was "running and moving" a year ago, I haven't even messed with it yet. I'm in Oregon.

There is a back story to this Bronco, My dad sold the doors and hard top off his 69 about 10 years ago (which is now my 69) and I kind of knew the guy who bought them, I looked a few different times as to where I was told the 73 was located and couldn't find it or the "guy" and gave up. The day (or two) after my last trip looking I was at work and opened the weekly newsletter AND BAM!!! The guy I was trying to track down got hired on! I happened to cross paths with him a couple hours and the rest is history.....

BTW, The doors and top on the gold one ARE my old doors and about the only good sheet metal on the "gold nugget".

I'm considering running a Gambler 500 with it once just for fun. Not to thrash it, just fun.

Anyone know what ratio it has (Should have) by the tag?

67RT

Bronco Guru
Dude, you are brave. I hope they paid you to pull it out. Ok, kidding! But seriously, is it rotten underneath?

OP
OP
J

Jluck

Dude, you are brave. I hope they paid you to pull it out. Ok, kidding! But seriously, is it rotten underneath?

Yea its pretty crunchy. Frame might be salvageable, well see. I've been hoping to find a cheap donor with all the right stuff for a complete new frame/body full tilt build for way down the road, This would do nicely.