• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Outdoor Cover

jevantate

Any suggestions on a good outdoor cover? My EB is going to have to sit outside for a bit and I only have the bimini top as it is usually garaged.:cry:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
someone was re-popping these. mine sits outside from March till December with just this on it...

Attachments

• BRRR2.jpg
    BRRR2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 123

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I have the full, waterproof cover from Jeff's ($119). I think the other vendors sell the same cover. Shipping was cheaper from Jeff's for me.

Works pretty good. Some moisture under it, but not bad. Only has 2 grommets for tie downs/bungees and I almost lost it twice in a recent windstorm - 40 to 50 mph gusts. I have since added 6 more grommets and several brand new bungee cords so it is much more secure.

Major Tom

Contributor
American EB was making trail covers, but I don't know of anyone making the slant back style. I was lucky enough to score one from a member on here

Attachments

• 66 2.jpg
    66 2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 54

SurfCityEB66

Contributor
Any suggestions on a good outdoor cover? My EB is going to have to sit outside for a bit and I only have the bimini top as it is usually garaged.:cry:
I live 1/2 from the beach and was going through covers every 6 months.... the best I've found so far for wind/rain birdshit and durability is the EB version off carcovers.com Platinum Shield for 199.95. it even covers the 36" spare mounted on the rear!
34082fc7856d28a8d003e92b162edee7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Who was re-popping them? User name?

You can find them on e-bay but they are a bit expensive. I have one of the "saddleup" ones from years ago but I bought it when mine was a half-cab. Now that I have a family cage it doesn't fit as well....

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Now that I have a family cage it doesn't fit as well....

Crazy $ on ebay...since yours does not fit as well...maybe time to sale it down the road to me the guy without a family cage? ;D

And apply that $ towards a new one that fits your family cage.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You can find them on e-bay but they are a bit expensive. I have one of the "saddleup" ones from years ago but I bought it when mine was a half-cab. Now that I have a family cage it doesn't fit as well....

still got mine from him too and still going strong :)

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I've owned several different covers from Covertech. They've all cost over $200. This $69 cover from Wild Horses is not only way less expensive, but it's better quality too!
It is a bit tight fitting, but it fit, and doesn't blow around as much in strong wind. Also, the span from the top to the edge of the hood is kept taught so the rain runs off better. This helps to protect the vulnerable cowl area.

https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Bronco_Cover/bronco_covers

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I have one made years ago by a member here who ended up not shipping out paid orders for a lot of folks. I don't even recall what happened, but my reason to post is that make sure you make sure any rain will drain off . If you put it over a hard top, no issue. But if you just have a roll cage, then you'll want to add something in there to force the water to drain. Otherwise pools will inevitably start right over your seats and drip for the next week...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
still got mine from him too and still going strong :)
me too
I have one made years ago by a member here who ended up not shipping out paid orders for a lot of folks. I don't even recall what happened, but my reason to post is that make sure you make sure any rain will drain off . If you put it over a hard top, no issue. But if you just have a roll cage, then you'll want to add something in there to force the water to drain. Otherwise pools will inevitably start right over your seats and drip for the next week...

yeah mine will do that too

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Saddleup.....haven’t heard that name in a long time

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
I have a Toms cover that works well on my full cab. I spoke to Toms at Super Celebration about making one for my half cab. He is going to check into having those produced.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I've learned some things, the hard way, about outdoor storage.

Good air flow under the cover is important. You want to allow the dampness to dry out. I like to use a tarp rather than a fitted cover with elastic on the bottom. I tie weights to the tarp edges. this allows for better air circulation.
Also, the cover, whether a tarp or fitted cover needs to drain the water off rather than letting it pool. I like to tie a cord to the center of the front and rear bumpers stretched tight front to rear. When you put the cover over this cord it forms a tent over the vulnerable cowl area.

CA Monkey

Loc.
Tracy
i agree... the form fit covers are fair weather or short term only. Past that I would look into a temp garage like the ones they sell at harbor freight or build the bronco tent, tarp thing that blu described.