• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WA 1976 Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

C O D Y

Loc.
Brush Prairie, WA
He's posted some pics on his Craigslist ad and he's asking $12,500 now. I have no connection with the seller. I was considering purchasing it and passed on it.

PM me your email if you want additional photos.

Dave K.

I've seen Broncos priced at $45K but Ive never seen them actually sell for that. If you're patient nice rust-free originals can be had for around $20-25K--sometimes lower. We've all seen them. These are original paint and so on. The big buck ones I just don't get as the sellers are in fantasy land. I spoke to one seller on eBay and he said he threw the price out there and it never happened. He sold is uber original one for around $26K to a foreign buyer. There's a lot of hype in the pricing and a lot of dreamers sitting on them thinking one day their prince will come.... not necessarily their fault, they've gotten caught up in the hysteria.

crab

Bronco Guru
LMAO. I almost replied to the craigslist add but was biting my tongue. Guess I'm getting more "sensitive" in my older years. Seems like in the last two years, everybody that has a EB thinks they are sitting a gold mine. Sorry, anybody that says "the 76-77 are the only years to have" lost my attention. Are those side mirrors from "the best years"?
Here's a couple pics from his CL add......
http://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/4797723434.html

Attachments

• 20kkk.jpg
    20kkk.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 304
  • 20kk.jpg
    20kk.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 309
  • 20k.jpg
    20k.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 337

crab

Bronco Guru
Looks like a price drop from $20K to $12.5K. Compared to what's out there, that's closer but still a $6500 bronco. Can't blame him for trying. Good Luck!

drock

I hope he gets what he is asking for it. I think its a stretch to say that "a little fixing and paint" would make it worth 35k or 45k.

Jakedog

IMO, anything over $7500 shouldn't be burning oil. The exception would be If everything is done except the engine. I have seen a lot of broncos on here in the $11k to $19k range that have had everything done except the cosmetics(paint, interior, bumpers, etc).
I admit the 76-77's had some desirable features, but here in Cali anything above 75 has to be emissions tested. Getting older vehicles smogged can be a pain in the ass!! Nothing sucks more power than a smog pump and a catalytic converter!
With that said, I think $9500 would be a better starting place.

madness

I bet he watched a few mecum/barrett jackson auctions and thought to himself, if a fully restored/built bronco goes for 40k+, mine should easily fetch 20..... What he doesn't realize is that stock broncos unless its a original roadster, aren't worth as much generally as a built, lifted, restored bronco, expecially when they smoke....The ad expired, but if he gets anywhere north of 10, I'd be suprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.