• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New to me 1970

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I picked up this 1970 bronco from 67RT. She is as solid as a rock.
My plan for it is to add power steering, maybe power brakes. Give it a good cleaning top to bottom inside and out. May swap wheels and tires with another set I have. Remove the heavy weight rear bumper. Get a cage in it. Then I am going to drive it this summer while I do some long time coming upgrades to my 67.

Long term plan I will swap to an auto trans, may up grade to disc brakes maybe a dana 44, and really long term may go back uncut do a little lift and a repaint.
I will post pics on this thread as I go along.
Thanks again to Pete 67RT good doing business with you.

Attachments

• DSC02199.jpg
    DSC02199.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 364

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ahhha, the lucky new owner.. Congrats on the Score.. You got a keeper for sure.

Enjoy

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
that's awesome, glad someone got it that will take care of if and on here:cool:

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Nice looking rig. Just curious, but was your side marker light on or is it a great flash reflection from the camera? If not, is that a new reflector?
Thx

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Nice looking rig, it does look like the marker light is on, time to check the wiring lol. Great score tho, love it. ;)

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats to you and the seller. Know you’ve been looking for awhile, patience has paid off - many happy and safe miles in your new-to-you ride!

Tugross302

Awesome. I’m happy for ya. Always exciting to get a bronco. Hard to go to sleep those first few nights though

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I remember when that was on craigslist for sale not far from me...

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Thanks guys. I really wanted an uncut truck but just couldn't find a solid one near me. This truck has zero rust, but is cut and doesn't have all the power options I wanted. But after years of dealing with rusty trucks, I would rather add the options I want and drive it than chase rust!!
The marker lights were not on it was just the refection from the camera and the angle of the sun. I still have my 67 and will be selling the 75 I have shortly to fund upgrades to this truck. I came in early this morning and gave it a quick bath. Im going to swap on some different marker lights (the one in the photo is the only one that is not faded), and if I have time swap wheels. Post some pics when I swap a few things out.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I swapped the wheels from my other bronco. I like them but not 100% sure. The wheels that were on it were 10" wide with only 31" tires, so they bulged out a lot. Plus they were the older BFG All terrains so they were pretty old had a lot of tread. It would look good with a 33 or 35, but I am not going that big. These rims are 8" wide and have 31x 10.50 tires that are brand new. Truck is stock no lift. Some day I would like a set of slots and go back uncut.

Attachments

• DSC02205.jpg
    DSC02205.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 141

67RT

Bronco Guru
I didnt sleep last night either. Sad it was gone but happy someone will use it finally. I got it off ebay in 2014. After searching the completed but unsold ads i found this. It had sold twice and both times the buyer tanked. I did a FaceTime inspection including while seller drove it and the. had it shipped from Sacramento to MD. With original pAint this is the only time I would not do a face to face. No rust ever. So for buyer in the other thread. Search unadvertised trucks. Show up with a handful of cash and be nice. This buyer was great. I will pop by and revisit on my trips to OceAn city.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Pete it is a solid truck, maybe even better than my 67. Stop by any time!

As for the wheels...yeah I liked the white letters too, it fit the 70s vibe of the truck but the wheels were too wide for only a 31x10.50 tire. Plus the tires were old starting to show a little cracking. And the rims were odd don't know if I could ever find a 5th one for a spare.The tires I swapped to are brand new and only 7.5 or 8" wide. much better fit for a 31" tire. I don't plan on lifting this truck any time soon.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
My next thing is going to be some electrical sorting. There are at least two different trailer light harnesses that need to be removed along with reconnecting the tag light, and figuring out some other little electrical issues. Anyone have a decent chrome bumper in Maryland or Delaware? I want to remove the chunky steel rear bumper with a stock one but I think a brand new chrome one will look funny, an older one with a little patina would look better.