• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old School Photo in Iceland

OX1

Bronco Guru
That is way more than cool. Would be great if they still had it, or knew who owned it today.
Assuming of course, that it hasn't turned to rusty pile of dust, or fell prey to a lava flow!

Looks like the antenna is an AM/FM/CB combo antenna. Used to run those back then and they worked well.

Paul

Was that the same one that came on 78/79's as an option?
I have 4 or 5 of those CB setups, given to me by a 78/79
Bronco parts horder, a while back..........

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice! Which way to Iceland?

It's that'a way!
And yes, it's a stunning country. Great people and amazing scenery for anyone but an Icelander who's grown up looking out their window at such things!

Paul she is trying to find the real name of the person you mentioned to see if there name is really Pete, it was the only one in the photo she did not know who it was, haha!! so there is still a possibility!!!

Thanks! But I just found out that it's a lesser possibility now. He's about the right age, but moved to the states in about '70 or '71, so even though he's been back and forth over the years, likely was not in that particular pic.
At least that's the score from my niece. Haven't heard back from him directly yet, so we still have hope!

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was that the same one that came on 78/79's as an option?
I have 4 or 5 of those CB setups, given to me by a 78/79
Bronco parts horder, a while back..........

Maybe, but that one looks a little more aftermarket to me. Been so long since I've seen a factory one, I'm not 100% sure. But I'm leaning towards aftermarket.

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
That is a great photo! Thanks for sharing! It has to be in low 4 wheel drive and in first gear with the e-brake cables stretched tight!!

Yeah I'm thinking it had to be in 4 wheel low first gear just to make it to the top with four or five passengers! lol. Fresh 105hp from the factory too. :cool:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Traction would be the key I think. Likely had a nice base of volcanic rock under all that grass, but boy would that grass have been slippery!

The Bronco in the pic might even have had the optional limited-slip diff and 4.56 gears right from the factory.
Pretty amazing what you can do with low gearing!

Paul

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
They may have just backed off the road to take an impressive looking picture. They don’t seem to be dressed for too much of an “adventure”...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe. People everywhere like to pose. But you don't have to go very far out your door to find adventure of this type in Iceland. So I can imagine street clothes for just about everything but an expedition out on the ice fields.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
They may have just backed off the road to take an impressive looking picture. They don’t seem to be dressed for too much of an “adventure”...

Maybe that's just how they do...