• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I hate meeces to pieces

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Checked with my Mom and she insisted that the Plastic Owls and Rubber Snakes worked, lol.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We have that problem at work in the field where they store new chassis's before
dry freight truck bodies are put on the chassis. Good luck with extermination.
frenchy

Geniusloerts

There was some type of peppermint spray some ford dealers were using on the wiring harnesses because if the soy based coating on the wires. I have a client that had two brand new f150’s that got the wiring destroyed because if the coatings that attract rodents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
I saw recently that Irish Spring soap deters mice so I bought I big pack and cut the bars up to place chunks by my doors to keep the field nice out. So far so good...

Last edited:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
There was some type of peppermint spray some ford dealers were using on the wiring harnesses because if the soy based coating on the wires. I have a client that had two brand new f150’s that got the wiring destroyed because if the coatings that attract rodents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The manufacturers make the wire insulation out of FOOD but it is at your expense to replace them when animals eat them.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I saw recently that Irish Spring soap deters mice so I bought I big pack and cut the bars up to place chunks my doors to keep the field nice out. So far so good...

Yep, Irish Spring bars are the answer. In the twenty years my shop shared a wall with the llama barn on the other side, I had mice once in a while in the shop, but never had one in a vehicle.

OP
OP
B

bdavis70

Loc.
Coos Bay
I will be getting some Irish Spring soap, some dryer sheets, some peppermint spray and some tape that is rodent resistant. And keep my traps set. Maybe a cat. Thanks for all the suggestions. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I saw recently that Irish Spring soap deters mice so I bought I big pack and cut the bars up to place chunks by my doors to keep the field nice out. So far so good...

Got to try that... :)

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In Germany they, and I, used a cloth rag/bag filled with dog fur. Put that by the battery and another by the firewall, see if that scares them away. By dog fur, I mean a big dog like a German Shepard, not a chihuahua.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I made bait traps and put them around my house and garage, and around each wheel of any vehicle left outside.
1 1/4 PVC pipe cut foot long with caps on each end with 3/4" holes drill in each cap offset to keep water out. bait with the green blocks from lowes in a bucket.

I had to make these cause coons kept eating the bait, even from an open pipe.

CraigS

Go with the soap and it will keep demonstrators away in Portland when you visit there.