• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is it nuts?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Is it nuts that I may want to sell my two broncos, Trail rig and driver because I want to build another one? The trail rig i have been doing rally racing with and it is a lot of fun but not as competitive as one might like. The driver is one I built for my father then redid for me. It's done but not really what I would build for me. So is it reasonable to sell just to build another? Is it a bronco life crisis?
Bax

Tugross302

I’d find one to build before you sell them all. Otherwise you might get the DT’s. They may lock you away and you’d never get to build another one

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Is it nuts that I may want to sell my two broncos, Trail rig and driver because I want to build another one? The trail rig i have been doing rally racing with and it is a lot of fun but not as competitive as one might like. The driver is one I built for my father then redid for me. It's done but not really what I would build for me. So is it reasonable to sell just to build another? Is it a bronco life crisis?
Bax

Is a bronco life crisis !

I know what you doing .... you rethinking driving dads up to Super celebration ... ;D :cool:

but ifffff you do sell them both ...this would be the one to get ! you cant built it for that money !

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283573

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Yes Kyle's truck is very nice and a lot like what I am thinking about. A purpose built heavy duty trail rig that is street legal. But real clean well thought out.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What is nuts is spending over 15 grand on an engine to put in an EB that only puts out maybe 200 HP.

You aren't that kinda nuts. ;-)

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
What is nuts is spending over 15 grand on an engine to put in an EB that only puts out maybe 200 HP.

You aren't that kinda nuts. ;-)

The cool factor counts. or that sock in your pants is just a sock when it gets down to it.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If it were me I would just tear "Dads" Bronco back apart and build it the way I want the Bronco to be..... But then again I have been called "Nuts" many a time!

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
It's normal......building them is the fun part. Unless you got a lot of extra space you got to let them go!

triracer67

Contributor
I'm on Bronco #10, I have a short attention span and love to wrench on them. Make sure you've found a replacement before you sell. They are getting hard to find at reasonable price.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yes Kyle's truck is very nice and a lot like what I am thinking about. A purpose built heavy duty trail rig that is street legal. But real clean well thought out.

Go for it big guy......

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I just wish I had your time ....
btw no time and the insane amount spend on comp. cars & truck repairs I am seriously considering building a 3 bay w. office garage ( prox 35x 70 ) on the west coast and hiring a full time shop / diesel mechanic . Ford and sterling's mostly but when they are all good and running he can tinker on some of the other cars maybe some of my projects .
I know I know I have to stop bidding on copart ... but the 7.3 didn't care much one or 2 cars ... lol

Attachments

• 20180222_113318.jpg
    20180222_113318.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 126

Attac

Contributor
Bax
If you do want one to build without tearing into the ones you have call me. I might just have just what you need. Too late tonight but I will call you tomorrow
Chuck

BLAZEOFGLORY

Don't sell you will regret it. Just start putting money back as if you were paying a loan and before you know it you'll have the money and the time to build another one. A man can NOT have to many Bronco's or TOYS

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Bax
If you do want one to build without tearing into the ones you have call me. I might just have just what you need. Too late tonight but I will call you tomorrow
Chuck
Thanks Chuck, But it still takes a cash flow to build another. Even if I had another ready to build I do not have the money or the space. So selling the two and it is time to let the flats boat go. That will free up some money and 3 bays of space. Plus the one I want to build can come from nothing.
Also the pretty blue one is never leaving.