• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Revell build thread,post your status too

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Haven't started on mine yet, but wondering what kind of paint you guys are using to get the finish so smooth? When I was a kid, I used those Testers paint kits and they were always thick and never gave the kind of finish that I wanted.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
For the exterior, I'm using automotive paint, same color as my EB, in an airbrush. Final coat is about 80% reducer. The frame and other small parts are rattle can Krylon.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Finally! A rolling chassis! Truth be told, way faster than my project rig!

Attachments

• 20170110_201549.jpg
    20170110_201549.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 271

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
I bought three to do, A stocker, one like mine, and I have not decided on the third.

I have to finish the Spitfire airplane I am working. Most things eat my time, but being a Den leader for Cub Scouts is eating most. It is worth it though.

OP
OP
Skiddy

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I bought three to do, A stocker, one like mine, and I have not decided on the third.

I have to finish the Spitfire airplane I am working. Most things eat my time, but being a Den leader for Cub Scouts is eating most. It is worth it though.
yes it is:cool: I bought two and the next one will be lifted and cut.
mine fell off the jack stands again last night, broke the input shaft of the t/c and broke the ubolts off the leaf springs:mad: to top that off taking two of the four shocks out and broke the mounting eyes off. just about as frustrating as working on a real one

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
Just likes a little detail work and it will be done!

I like it!

Attachments

• IMG_1022.JPG.jpg
    IMG_1022.JPG.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_6554.jpg
    IMG_6554.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_6555.jpg
    IMG_6555.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_6556.jpg
    IMG_6556.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 242

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Went to the paint shop again today, Boy howdy that stuff is high.I got two of these and a '69 Camaro to do. This is starting to get like work;)

OP
OP
Skiddy

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Went to the paint shop again today, Boy howdy that stuff is high.I got two of these and a '69 Camaro to do. This is starting to get like work;)
I know what you mean, I spent $35.00 on supplies. wonder what that equals to the bronco scale and almost a month to complete. the next one I am going to get a better welder for sure

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
Getting close to having a roller myself. Has anybody noticed that the tires are directional? And if you look at the instruction sheet, I think they have them on backward.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Getting close to having a roller myself. Has anybody noticed that the tires are directional? And if you look at the instruction sheet, I think they have them on backward.

I noticed that also. In the picture on the front of the box, the front drivers side tire is backwards but the one on the passenger side is correct.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I know what you mean, I spent $35.00 on supplies. wonder what that equals to the bronco scale and almost a month to complete. the next one I am going to get a better welder for sure

Yea I bought a can of Hobart for mine.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
just don't get the engines mixed up:p

Not to worry,I've seen whatta lashing the peeps on here get for even mentioning putting an LS motor in but hey the both got 302s,so long as I keep the color right it'll be all right....rite:D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
YOU GUYS MAKE ME SICK! look at the close up photos! I must of got a different kit, mine don't look anything like those!! :cool:

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I haven't opened my two yet. Scared to after seeing all the great builds on here.. lol nice work!

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
Finally got my roller finished, man has this been time consuming, but it has been a fun winter project.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 205
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 173

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I've got just a little more body work to do and mine will be ready for primer.... It's taking longer than I thought.