• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NP205 Yokes

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
So I'm in the middle of a ZF/NP205 swap and just hit a snag. The 205 yokes are 1330 and I had drive shafts made accordingly. Went out to install the new shafts and the yoke on the 205 is wider than the shaft side that meets the yoke. Measuring the yoke from bolt hole to bolt hole is 3 1/4" and the shaft measures 2 7/8" The width were the universal joint sits is correct at 3 5/8" with 1 1/16" cup size, so I know that it is indeed a 1330. Sooooooo WTF????

Ranchtruck

Sounds like the transfer case has a 1330 U joint yoke meant for straps and you are trying to bolt a 1330 CV joint up to it. Does the front output yoke match up? Those were more often CV's where the rear output was usually a plain U joint. Easy enough to swap out the yoke to what you need, probably $75 for a new one.

Here's the yoke you need: http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Yoke-flange-NP-205-3-7_8-CV-Style/productinfo/22491/
(not that you have to buy it from them)

bax

Contributor
Old Member
They did make a 1330 CV for the front of a 205, But you simply won't find one. We just had this out on Facebook, lots of input and what to do. I will see if I can find a kink to it.

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got several 205 yoakes not going to use any of them let me know what you need

raleigh

Loc.
In the garage
I may have a CV yoke on the shelf, I will go take a look.

Edit, I don't, must have given it away already

Last edited: