• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exhaust for 76 Bronco

Tidewater

Unfortunately I have a 1976 Bronco that has the catalytic converter. Is there a commercial dual exhaust system that I can get to work?

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure but probably not. You could have a shop ass a cat to the other side
Kinda depends what state you live in and the smog rules

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Have you searched that out here yet? lots of info out there w/different options I'm sure.. good luck

Bronco Biff

Hey Tidewater, have you considered a 1 in 2 out muffler? If you wanted the dual look and keep is simple and legal might be the best bet. Gary Benny at Superior Automotive on Airline Blvd in Portsmouth could hook you up.
4231 Portsmouth Blvd, Portsmouth, VA 23701, (757) 465-4909

OP
OP
Tidewater

Tidewater

Hey Tidewater, have you considered a 1 in 2 out muffler? If you wanted the dual look and keep is simple and legal might be the best bet. Gary Benny at Superior Automotive on Airline Blvd in Portsmouth could hook you up.
4231 Portsmouth Blvd, Portsmouth, VA 23701, (757) 465-4909
Cool. Thanks!

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tidewater...Are you in Va? Va does not do emission testing on vehicles over 25 years old. Unless things have changed. I'd ask some exhaust shops what the scoop is there to confirm.