• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fast N Loud

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I didn't like the look of the finshed product. The front end looked as if someone had knocked it's chin. The rest of the rig looked ok. I didn't like the rims either. I hated the front.....

Just one mans take.......50K......laughable.........JMO

Tim

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I think people view Broncos differently. I looked for a long time before deciding to build my own and saw prices all over the place. I'm sure NixTrix is getting $40K+ for his, and I talked to Bronco Connection recently and they are working on 33 Broncos at the moment, he said ranging in price from $45K to over $100K. I think the people paying these prices probably aren't followers on this site. Then of course there's ICON.

OK, 33 Bronco's that sell for 45K plus??? There may be a few cats on here who could swing that, but I don't think they'd pop on advertising they just paid 60K for their Bronco.

If there is a market for new bodies, why isn't Dynacorn spitting these out? Between them, ICON, Nix...I could see at least 50 bodies a year until this fad fizzles out. Plus, it would help to stabilize the prices for us working stiffs.

Staying on topic, I would have purchased the yellow one in fast-n-loud and started with it. It looked to be a much better starting point for a grand less.

Stingray240cs

Loc.
Corinth, Texas
Well, they didn't show any film from when I was there, but it was still fun to watch. They had just pulled the exhaust because the didn't like the sound and were redoing it. They also didn't show the heater core busting and pouring all over the passenger floor board once they started testing the new exhaust. They were pissed about that. The camera guy couldn't handle the sound of the motor so he had to step away. The rest of us were admiring the engine purr. I looked that truck over for a while and what impressed me was that it looked like every inch of that rig was brand new from top to bottom. I didn't like the wheels either, but then it made sense when I understood the buyer and look they were going for. You have to remember it was custom built for a customer.

The Shelby was just plain ugly IMO, but then again it was a clone of a movie car.

Anyway, I thought it was better than anything I'll probably be able to afford anytime soon so I can't knock it. Knowing who the build was for, I don't think I would have changed anything except putting some kind of front bumper on it.

Maybe now that the show is over some other people here can provide some build insight.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rims are a great way to get some cheap 17" rims, I run them on my LUBER at times. I'm not big on spending $$ on rims I tend to make them fairly ugly the first time I go out crawling. Overall I liked the look of the Bronco no way your going to please everybody, just funny seeing everybody nitpick what seems to be a well put together and safe Bronco.

JustinFro

Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Call me crazy, but I really liked the wheel choice. I was going for the exact same look, but now I'm on to plan B for the wheel choice (stay tuned).

I thought the color scheme was great. The Pine green with champagne? trim really looked good together. As for the interior, the inserts went with the theme of the obvious commission build.

As for cost, I think a lot of those bucks were in the labor. Parts are reasonably cheep for these old rigs.

*Mustang - I dug that too. It was a replica of a former movie car as someone stated previously. Color was correct, and it was unique. Can't fault a guy for that.

Numberfool

If there is a market for new bodies, why isn't Dynacorn spitting these out?

I was watching a car show the other night, found that Dynacorn is right here in my town. After lunch on Thursday, I went into their facility and started talking with one of the managers. My interest was of course the Bronco.
He pointed to a large building across the street and told me in a few months, they would be going together. He figured 500 bodies or so a year... and they expect to sell them quickly. I have always been skeptical, given the Vin issue and getting a "new" vehicle registered, escpecially here in CA. His response to that question surprised me.... he said alot of the people that will have no interest in putting them on the road and their expectation is that alot will go onto purely off road builds.

I tend to agree with the sales projection on this site.... I think they will sell well due to pent up demand, restos not wanting to fix the rust, then they will flatten out. We will see. Either way, I will be over at the plant once its up and running poking my head in.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
The show overall was mildly entertaining. I will not be rushing out to purchase cable service anytime soon though. Did however love the trivia question, I nailed it! Must mean I'm spending too much time on classic Broncos.com!!! An OEM post hole digger, who'd a thunk?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Here is a thought that I will share... The build was for the Owner of the Twin Peaks resturant chain all along...

Flannel inserts for the seats... Thats what the Girls wear (tops) in the resturant.

Open roll bar over the front and rear seats... Lost the top and doors... It was a promo rig from the begining.

Not hating the show or the finished product... But for $50K there should of been alot more bells and whistles included

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I was watching a car show the other night, found that Dynacorn is right here in my town. After lunch on Thursday, I went into their facility and started talking with one of the managers. My interest was of course the Bronco.
He pointed to a large building across the street and told me in a few months, they would be going together. He figured 500 bodies or so a year... and they expect to sell them quickly. I have always been skeptical, given the Vin issue and getting a "new" vehicle registered, escpecially here in CA. His response to that question surprised me.... he said alot of the people that will have no interest in putting them on the road and their expectation is that alot will go onto purely off road builds.

I tend to agree with the sales projection on this site.... I think they will sell well due to pent up demand, restos not wanting to fix the rust, then they will flatten out. We will see. Either way, I will be over at the plant once its up and running poking my head in.

The VINs won't be an issue. Too easy to buy a rust bucket junker just to get the vin and whatever parts can be salvaged and reused / repaired
Then it's not a "new" vehicle. It's repairing an old one

In a lot of states you don't need a title on old cars anyway Just a bill of sale

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
I liked the truck, the color choice, wheel choice, stance, cut, motor, mostly everything. I would have chosen a different inset for the seats, but all in all a good looking rig. Entertainment value......9 out of 10. Overpriced sure, but its TV. Just nice to see the value of our rides being raised by shows of this viewed caliber. My .02. :) They could have built a Blazer and we all would have been flaming them for not building an EB. Can't please everyone.

matts460

Anytime you pay your crew to do a frame up complete restoration on an old car/truck its probly going to cost alot of money!! Do you all think that those guys working for Richard are getting paid 5 bucks an hour? How much do you think it would cost you to have your rusted broncos fully restored buy a crew in a month? While you sit in your lazyboy watching car building shows. Parts arent cheap! and skilled labor aint cheap!! Oh and Overhead is not cheap when you run your own business. Even if you had 5 million in the bank how long will that last paying a fulll crew late nights and loosing money on cars after a few years?

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
The VINs won't be an issue. Too easy to buy a rust bucket junker just to get the vin and whatever parts can be salvaged and reused / repaired
Then it's not a "new" vehicle. It's repairing an old one

In a lot of states you don't need a title on old cars anyway Just a bill of sale

Seriously people, be careful giving or taking this advice.

You cannot legally change, modify, remove or replace (with a different VIN) the VIN on a vehicle. It's debateable if the VIN goes with the body, frame or pair. It is very easy to do on a Bronco due to the VIN tag being on a removeable part, but that doesn't make it legal, it is VERY Gray, you aren't changing or modifying the vin plate, but you are moving it from one vehicle to another. There is also at least one VIN on the frame.

It's not impossible to get a new VIN plate from the state for a replacement tub, people do it all the time for street rods and kit cars.

If you built a Bronco using a Krawlers Edge or simiar frame, and a Dynacorn or Fiberglass tub, and added the VIN from a real Bronco, you can go to jail. All it takes is a tag agent to get a bug up their rear and force you to get a frame inspection by an LEO before issuing registration or for an auction house, professional appraiser, or insurance adjuster to look at it. It is a felony. I have seen people go to jail for changing the VIN and the new owners filing a complaint.

Even if a title is not required by the state the vehicle is sold in, it very well may be required by the next state it is registered in. Do your homework, if there is any question consult an attorney.

As a licensed, bonded dealer that gets paid as a consultant to look at this type of thing, my advice is do not try and pull the glovebox door / title trick to get a vehicle to pass registration. If we can't verify the VIN on the body matches the frame (even if its just worn or rusted away) we will not appraise, sell, buy, consign, or represent it.

[/rant] back on topic.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
All I can say is that I nearly had to sue the Twin Peaks here in CO for false advertising