• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fast N Loud

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
(I was also surprised to see one from Colorado look that chewed up. I thought they used sand and gravel out there.... Mine came from Colorado and all its body panels/rockers are nice and clean)

Colorado has been using mag-chloride the whole time I have been here (since 2004).

I think he gets too caught up in trying to haggle. When somebody doesn't show a willingness to budge much he moves on to the next even if it is a good deal.

Contrived, but better entertainment than those stupid Kardashians or Housewives of Iowa shiot that always seems to be on in our house.

;D

wesleydax

Had I known a rusted bronco would have been worth that much I wouldn't have buried that 73 10 years ago

u10072

Bronco Guru
I thought the same thing on fixing the rust in 3 days. They barely are able to do that on overhaulin with a huge team of people. When he paid the $5500 for that 75 I was saying $2500 tops... I guarantee there were much nicer trucks on CL for $5500. I'm not sure why green either... Green to me is way too polarizing of a color. The original blue is much better for resale I would think... Gonna be interested to see the final product.

bronco1017

So who's going to get in line to pony up the $35,000.00 he thinks he is going to get for it? That will be a good indication of how much BS goes on with these shows.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
I will give you a good example of what these reality shows do, that the general public just does not notice, or really care about. The show Pawn Stars, a year or so ago took an old coke machine over to be restored, yes, the guys who now have American Restoration show. I have completely restored a 1960 Cavalier CS80 machine. There are only two real vendors in the country that sell machine parts for these old machines. And only one vendor who is allowed by Coke to make and sell the decals. The machine that the pawn stars guys brought in was a Vendo 39. The machine that was totally restored that they picked up at the end was a Cavalier CS 96. You can not convert a Vendo 39 into a Cavalier CS 96. Its like bringing in a VW Bug and then picking up a Shelby GT 500. These shows are for entertainment value only. Whatever they can do to get people to watch is whats going to be done. I think they know the popularity of the Early Broncos right now, and knew a show featuring one would be very well watched. Hell, they are even stretching it to two episodes. How many have they done that on???? Maybe the Barrett Jackson auction that showed an early bronco go for $500,000 got their wheels spinning for a good idea for the show. They are entertaining and it is fun to see all the old cars they feature.

Scott

Stingray240cs

Loc.
Corinth, Texas
Odd to me up to see all the negativity on a show promoting the EB. Maybe it's just becuase i'm new to the bronco world and not a bronco purist. Maybe I just think it's cooler than what it is becuase I got to visit with them and watch a little bit of the filming. Either way, I'm glad they are promoting the EB and can't wait for next week's show. I wish they would have bought Jims's but maybe they wanted something that would take longer/be more difficult to build for production value.

Like 110072 said, I would have stayed with blue myself, but the green turned out pretty cool too.

Hx214

Loc.
Champion, Oh
Colorado has been using mag-chloride the whole time I have been here (since 2004).

Ah I didn't know that. I must have gotten ahold of one from the state that someone didn't use in the winter or something.

I always hoped people in our area would complain enough about all the damage salt does to our cars that they would try to adopt the ways the other states use of dealing with the snow and ice... As it is now I have a standing order of PB Blaster on the self....

Millar

Contributor
Loc.
Birmingham
After reading the thread I guess I am bummed out that as a group we mainly come off as a bit of elitists and a bit snobby. That wasn't my experience when I joined here. It seems with anyone who posts here the replies are very tolerant and helpful no matter what someone does with their Bronco. What's the difference now? Feels like there is blood in the water.

Millar

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Beats the heck out of most "reality" shows on now. Most are overrated, overpaid, foulmouth attention grabbers with no real value to anyone. At least we get to see different vehicles and some even come out pretty cool. Love Bronco's, so, pretty much I would watch any show that rebuilds/restores one.....whatever...:D

matts460

I love the show and they always make it clear if there going to truly restore or just get a car running again to resale. I dont think there hacks at all! and i also think the main guy Richard is just to impatient he did look at the truck and they knew it was rusted! But just to lazy to go back and buy the better truck. Why would it matter if they spot welded the panels on or did a full weld? The vintage Trans AM race cars and Aulstralian touring cars always fully seam welded the unibodys for strength. As long as there not shit welds who cares. They saved an old bronco from the dump! Its there time and money. It will be nice when its done. OLd cars are old cars doesnt matter who builds it somtimes shit breaks for no reason! Doesnt mean everybodys a hack The builders arent a major Car company with 3yr 36thousnd mile warrantys to offer either.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
I got a kick out of the guy with the screwdriver stabbing the floorpan, 'Just trying to find the end of the rust so MAYBE I can cut and weld a patch.';D;D;D

Jim W.

Blitz51

Actually

I think the people on this site are not being overly negative about the build. Most see it for what it is...entertainment and good exposure for the Bronco. Other sites have completely blasted the Gas Monkey guys for being hacks. I actually think the show is great. The final sales price for their rigs is probably inflated, but I'm sure that is not the guys fault...that is the TV producers doing.

With the exception of football games and most any series on AMC, Fast and Loud, Graveyard Carz, Inside West Coast Customs are must see TV in my house Sunday-Tuesday

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
After reading the thread I guess I am bummed out that as a group we mainly come off as a bit of elitists and a bit snobby. That wasn't my experience when I joined here. It seems with anyone who posts here the replies are very tolerant and helpful no matter what someone does with their Bronco. What's the difference now? Feels like there is blood in the water.

Millar

none from me, I continue to watch the show and I like the guys on there...

;)

taylorB

Loc.
Canton, GA
Here is GA $5,500 is about right for a running rusty bronco. Out of all of the car shows out there this one is my favorite. They focus on the cars and not the fake reality tv drama. and i believe they do good work.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I enjoy how the mechanic guy is always hamming it up a bit

Like at the end when he was doing his modern day impression of Mr. Rogers !

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Technically speaking, the show did us a huge favor. Now we can ask for more money for our less rusted, lightly or heavily modified EBs. Thanks, GAS MONKEY!

Anyone want to buy my '73, that I was originally going to ask $8500/obo, for $30,000??? JK

mz248

I find the show highly entertaining. The interior lady "Sue" cracks me up. My wife and I try and count how many times "Richard" says "hell yeah". It's TV I bet they make far more money from being on TV than they do buying and selling cars.