• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My '71 Bronco Build

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
100_0547.jpg

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
And this has been taking up some time. Built it from plans I found online. There is a guy on
Pirate 4x4 that designed it.

Time to pick up some tube and start bending. Plans are for a family style cage and tube doors. Still deciding on tube bumpers or plate steel.

100_0553.jpg

100_0552.jpg

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
A few more pics but progress is just about to start again. Unless more paying jobs come along.

Bronco002-1.jpg

Bronco003.jpg

Picked up a used front bumper. A deal I couldnt pass up otherwise I would have built a plate style bumper, now I need to build a rear one to match the front.
Bronco004.jpg

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
Making progress.

Decided to tig my first cage. I don't have a lot of experience with tig but use it when I can, feel free to let me know how I am doing. I know they are not perfect but with the gussets it will be stronger.

tjseats016.jpg

tjseats010.jpg

tjseats011.jpg

tjseats013.jpg

tjseats014.jpg

tjseats015.jpg

tjseats008.jpg

captbo

Loc.
Southern Maryland
Not bad tig work for your fist at all, are you going to leave the weld as you did or smooth them I personally like the way they look as welded, vs smoothed,, great looking bronco too !

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
Not bad tig work for your fist at all, are you going to leave the weld as you did or smooth them I personally like the way they look as welded, vs smoothed,, great looking bronco too !

Thanks. I will be leaving the welds as they are and paint.

4lofun

the cage,welds look nice. good styling on cage.. i like the lower frame in the rear. but what are the 4 tabs for?
looks like your back to working onit as first post was last year, great progress and hope to see more when time prevails... good work.!!!

OP
OP
firehawk

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
the cage,welds look nice. good styling on cage.. i like the lower frame in the rear. but what are the 4 tabs for?
looks like your back to working onit as first post was last year, great progress and hope to see more when time prevails... good work.!!!

I picked up a Pak Rat sliding drawer for storage and the those tabs mount it to the cage. Not sure if I will use it or not because it is pretty heavy. Might add some brackets for a rear seat to be able to choose.

Bronco017.jpg

Bronco018.jpg

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
damn you did a very clean job with everything. I really like your style for the roll cage looks bad ass :cool: and the seats you have look like the summit ones am i right??