• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LA 1973 Ford Bronco Classic | 4x4, V-8, 302 cu. in, 35" tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco4Sale

- Clean title in hand.
- If applicable, appointment for local test drive will be scheduled at a safe location for you and me.
- Bronco is being sold "as is," and no warranty is implied.
- This Bronco is garage kept at my house.
- Selling price is $19,950.00.

***Admins, please remove this portion of my post if this is not allowed. ***

For those of you who are interested but may not have the cash on hand, I personally recommend LightStream (division of SunTrust Bank). LightStream offers unsecured auto loans and will beat any advertised rate that is lower, i.e. PenFed usually offers the best auto loan interest rate (secured), but LightStream will still match and beat it, unsecured. Once approved, funds can be in your account as soon as the next business day.

***Admins, please remove this portion of my post if this is not allowed. ***

1973 Ford Bronco 4x4

- 4" lift
- 35" new tires
- Power steering
- Brakes have recently been converted from drum to modern disc
- New steering rod kit
- New top with family style roll bars
- Corbeau front and rear seats
- Strong, re-built running V-8, 302 cu. in. | Starts immediately, runs great
- Sony Radio included, installed in security center console (not connected)
- Main Fuel Tank = 12.7 gallons
- "Wild Horses Logo" on sides of Bronco can easily be removed by buyer.
- Fiberglass door inserts are just the ticket to give your Bronco that original roadster look.

Transparent list of required or recommended necessary improvements if I were to keep the vehicle:

- Vehicle drives "loose" which is very common for these vehicles, but not so much for someone who has experience driving early model vehicles - however it is noticeable for someone who has only driven late model vehicles and does take some adjusting until you are comfortable with the feel of the vehicle. Rebuilding steering box, approximately $200.00 or buying a new one, approximately $500.00 may help improve the "loose" steering.
- Doors are NOT included.
- Due to size of tires, Speedometer will fluctuate greatly once above 60 mph.
- Gas gauge will stay on F considerably longer than it should. As a general rule of thumb, when the gas gauge shows 1/2 full, I fill up.
- Odometer is not working. Vehicle was lightly driven by previous owner after engine rebuild and now stays parked in my garage 5 or 6 days out of the week.
- Left turn signal bulb not working (right turn signal bulb functions normally).
- Horn is inoperable.
- Hood grommets needs to be replaced.
- Lift support for hood is recommended.
- Replacement battery tray is needed.
- No fan guard on radiator. Highly recommended that one be installed by new owner to prevent an unnecessary accident if looking under the hood while engine is on.
- Auxiliary tank, i.e. 2nd tank is not connected.
- Rear brake lights have a loose connection.
- Center console needs to be bolted into floorboard.
- "Marine" type speakers to connect to Sony Radio are recommended.

oY6jlqJ.jpg
[/IMG]

8D1RqzC.jpg

pooILtR.jpg
[/IMG]

kGmQMhh.jpg

LtSTdre.jpg

j6Ea3DD.jpg

DjttLrI.jpg

oczrboR.jpg

DiR5WSO.jpg

0tzP43U.jpg

itUWDf7.jpg

pkC5alY.jpg

pFcxfHV.jpg

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I saw that Bronco at Cruisin' the Coast a few years ago! We were staying at the same condo.

OP
OP
B

Bronco4Sale

Where were you when you saw it? I ask, because I have only had it for a short while and the person I bought it from, had it for about a year and a half prior to me buying it from him.

He sold it to me, because he did not have room for it in his garage (had 7 vehicles) and I bought it for my wife and me to use on the weekends, which unfortunately we rarely do --- so that's why I am selling it.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No wipers at all?

Battery tray due to rust? Have other rusty areas?

Fender flares are metal or ?

And is it a factory '73 (metal) Bronco body? I'm looking at the smooth dash area and wondered if it might be a repro body.

Thank you.

OP
OP
B

Bronco4Sale

No wipers at all?

Correct. Rain-X works great. Plus, we take a quick look at the weather forecast. Hasn't been an issue for us.

Battery tray due to rust? Have other rusty areas?

To answer your question, given the age of this vehicle, there are some areas that have slight rust, but nothing that impacts its structural integrity.

I'll post a picture of this area very soon and update this thread. I have approximately 30 other pictures that I can send to you (or anyone for that matter) privately. I didn't want to bombard this board or my thread with too many pictures.

Fender flares are metal or ?
Fiberglass. Same for door-less inserts.

And is it a factory '73 (metal) Bronco body? I'm looking at the smooth dash area and wondered if it might be a repro body.
The lower portion of the body appears to be fiberglass (over the fender flares), while the top portion of the body is metal, including the hood and rear tailgate.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'll do my best to answer them in a timely manner.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Where were you when you saw it? I ask, because I have only had it for a short while and the person I bought it from, had it for about a year and a half prior to me buying it from him.

He sold it to me, because he did not have room for it in his garage (had 7 vehicles) and I bought it for my wife and me to use on the weekends, which unfortunately we rarely do --- so that's why I am selling it.

It was in Biloxi. Must have been when the previous owner had it.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Bronco4sale, for as much as I'd like to say you are a poster child for why there should be a minimum number of posts before listing an EB for sale, I know that enforcement of such an idea would only require more work for our ONE administrator who manages this great site.

I'd much rather ask my fellow members to completely ignore such posts...especially when they have multiple disclaimers and...holy crap a userID like Bronco4sale?!?!

OP
OP
B

Bronco4Sale

Bronco4sale, for as much as I'd like to say you are a poster child for why there should be a minimum number of posts before listing an EB for sale, I know that enforcement of such an idea would only require more work for our ONE administrator who manages this great site.

I'd much rather ask my fellow members to completely ignore such posts...especially when they have multiple disclaimers and...holy crap a userID like Bronco4sale?!?!

Thank you for completing shitting on my post with your constructive and undesired feedback.

If you have an issue with how I have described my Bronco for sale or my user name, feel free to message me in private.

I have been completely transparent by giving my honest assessment on what I believe my Bronco "needs" if I were to keep it for myself.

And while my posts may not appeal to you, I have to believe that many on here do appreciate someone listing the good, bad and the ugly so that they can make an informed decision as to whether or not they want to give my Bronco consideration or move onto the next topic.

OP
OP
B

Bronco4Sale

It was in Biloxi. Must have been when the previous owner had it.

It's quite possible that the previous owner drove my Bronco to Biloxi as it is only about a 2 hour drive from where I live (and he lives).

OP
OP
B

Bronco4Sale

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Bronco4Sale, I said nothing about the quality of your rig, i was venting about how people can join the site and immediately list a rig for sale, but I should not have used your thread to express my views, and for that I apologize. The least I can do is bump it to the top!

As for Jspurl3, the only reason I haven't blasted you for bringing up that old thread in an attempt to trash my name is because "Baja" didn't bring it up, you did, so in fairness to him I will not discuss it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.