• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses roundup

Jakedog

Any Broncos from So-Cal driving to the Wild Horses roundup? I'm thinking of driving my 69 up, but this will be our first long trip, and I'm Not sure I want to go that far for our first trip.
It's about 3.5 hours from where I live.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
If there's a group coming from SoCal, I would like to try and get some parts transported up here from Huntington Beach if anyone is able to pick up a set of seats. I'll chip in for gas or towards parts at Wildhorses for the favor.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I’m driving up. I’m in Ventura County. 360 mi. each way. I went to the first one. Just got to leave early and make a few coffee stops.

Mark

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Good, looking forward to seeing you (and the ride close up) and a Coffee'd up Mark ;D

Looking forward to seeing you again Doug, I’m not sure what you’re driving this time, so look me up. I’ll be in my same ride.

Mark

Attachments

• 99BB3ACD-A931-4B05-BB2E-36FEB0BFAC65.jpg
    99BB3ACD-A931-4B05-BB2E-36FEB0BFAC65.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 83

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Looking forward to seeing you again Doug, I’m not sure what you’re driving this time, so look me up. I’ll be in my same ride.

Mark

I will be in my 71... It was a 2.5 yr frame off restoration. Hopefully Dirtdonk will make it with my former 68?

By the way Norcal Broncos site says you hit 55 today... HBD.

Attachments

• IMG_20170616_113543907_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170616_113543907_HDR.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 87

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I will be in my 71... It was a 2.5 yr frame off restoration. Hopefully Dirtdonk will make it with my former 68?

By the way Norcal Broncos site says you hit 55 today... HBD.

Ok, I'll keep a look out for you. And thanks for the birthday sentiment.

Mark

OP
OP
J

Jakedog

Any Broncos from So-Cal driving to the Wild Horses roundup? I'm thinking of driving my 69 up, but this will be our first long trip, and I'm Not sure I want to go that far for our first trip.
It's about 3.5 hours from where I live.

I was wrong. Last week me and my family drove to Angels Camp, California. The turn to Angels Camp off of 99 is close to Lodi. Closer to 4 hours in the family truckster (chevy traverse). So close to 5 in my bronco. In the family truckster I can cruise at 75 mph, and I'm thinking about 60 in the bronco.

Now it looks like rain is in the forecast. Again, no top and no doors doesn't sound like fun.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
It's 6.5 hrs. for me. I just put my soft top and doors back on. Probably won't be much rain now. Up and back for the day.

Mark

CA Monkey

Loc.
Tracy
the rain keeps getting less and less and almost non existent by noon according to the weather websites. I'm still trying to sort out if i'm going to go or not. been to the last three and id hate to miss one.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
the rain keeps getting less and less and almost non existent by noon according to the weather websites. I'm still trying to sort out if i'm going to go or not. been to the last three and id hate to miss one.

You can thank me for that, the rain is subsiding because I went through the trouble of putting my soft top and doors back on. :)

Mark

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
1st, thanks to those Weather Gods that stopped the rain yesterday and even brought out the Sun in the afternoon!

My Thanks to Jim, Shayla, their Family, the extended family, and the their employees who gave up their Saturday to host us.

While they did not have all of the 200 Broncos that signed up, there was still a large amount that came.

The Tri-tip I was told was great and the Burrito I had for lunch was tasty, filling and down right huge!

I didn't drive this year, as I am still recovering from a concussion I got a few weeks ago, My thanks to Bronken who let me ride shotgun!

Very good seeing old friends, meeting some newer Norcal members, A few Classic members, swapping stories, and checking out the builds.

See you again at the Swap meet in October.

Doug

GloNDark

It rained the whole drive from my place to Lodi and then it was great the rest of the day.

Awesome event!

Mpbv3sz.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks to all that showed up, and to those that were not going to, but came anyway! (uh, Doug, Ken, JimG and youknowwhoyouare). Quite a few of you in that category in fact.
Would have been fun listening in to thd last minute family debates leading up to those decisions!

A great time was had by all I think. And the determination was evident. The Yellow multi-steer Bronco that was just a little late, came all the way without an ignition key that was left at base camp #1 (as in, a hundred and some miles away). A locksmith charge and a screwdriver-in-the-ignition later, and they made it.
And even got First Place in the Wild Bronco category for their hard work!
Way to go Bill. Maybe next year won't be quite so much of an adventure.

Thanks again everyone, for making it such a great day.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can thank me for that, the rain is subsiding because I went through the trouble of putting my soft top and doors back on. :)

Mark

Thank you very much!
Did you send the rain back down your way? Hope the trip was less eventful than some.
Great to see you and your wife again. Sorry I didn't have time to talk as much as I'd like. Always enjoy crawling around your Bronco and talking shop.

I don't think I heard you say... But how was the trip home? Seems to me you two like to do the marathon driving thing.

Anyway, glad you made it. High, dry and with enough smiles to get you through lunch anyway.

Paul

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Thank you very much!
Did you send the rain back down your way? Hope the trip was less eventful than some.
Great to see you and your wife again. Sorry I didn't have time to talk as much as I'd like. Always enjoy crawling around your Bronco and talking shop.

I don't think I heard you say... But how was the trip home? Seems to me you two like to do the marathon driving thing.

Anyway, glad you made it. High, dry and with enough smiles to get you through lunch anyway.

Paul

It was great catching up with you again Paul! I did see Doug right before we left. The trip home was fine, 6.5 hrs/ 365 mi. We got home right at 11:00 pm.

Mark