• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help me plan my build order...Build Thread!

Bhull

Loc.
White Lake, MI
looking better all the time! That sucks about the oil pan, I HATE to get leaks on a new engine. Those one-piece gaskets are a bit more, but definately worth it in my opinion.

Interested to see what the flares look like on a glass body. Do post pics of them mocked up if possible, have been thinking about them on my build as well.

Keep up the great work, almost there!

POPPAWS BRONCO

Loc.
Horn Lake, Ms.
Looking good. Only wish I could do mine all at once. I Drove mine for the first time yesterday since it became truly mine little over a year ago. (Inharanted) can't wipe this smile off my face.

OP
OP
N

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
Ive got seatbelts now, lights all work, 456 gears installed, shift controller pretty much dialed in. Getting really close to being where I want it.

Now onto the small stuff that is a list a mile long.
Additional switches, alignment, cup holder/console, radio, mirrors, and all the minor stuff. Im legal with plates as well. And the beat goes on.
ADABF576-8B3E-4D46-8049-366BE6DA1610_zps5ihvowhk.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
Dont know if anybody saw my post about PCV sucking oil and finding out I had a bad cylinder. Yanked the motor and replaced the short block. Added some aluminum heads while I was at it. Got the bauman shifting at a place that I really like. Got 500 miles on it, new motor has 150. Im really starting to dig this thing. I still have some weird clunk Im trying to figure out. Happens when turning at slow speed on uneven pavement. Has to be suspension related as I have replicated it with front driveshaft out, then rear driveshaft out, etc.

Maybe the springs are binding? Also, continue to torque u bolts. That might be it. Either way, going to be some awesome fall driving. Ordered a mojave heater today.