• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where would you live??

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
We have thought about moving up to tehachapi. The air is much cleaner up that way and would only be 45 min to an hour to see family.
As soon as my wife gets her MSW we will be looking at our options.

I lived in Bakersfield from the time the stork dropped me there in 1954 till 2014.
Yes the air is dirty, and they warn you almost every day to avoid breathing.
The positive things about Kern County are jobs and conservative values compared to most of CA.
If you don't mind commuting, yes Tehachapi, Frasier Park, and Porterville are good choices with better air quality.

Jakedog

I lived in Bakersfield from the time the stork dropped me there in 1954 till 2014.
Yes the air is dirty, and they warn you almost every day to avoid breathing.
The positive things about Kern County are jobs and conservative values compared to most of CA.
If you don't mind commuting, yes Tehachapi, Frasier Park, and Porterville are good choices with better air quality.

Buckaroo,
My parents were born and raised here. Bakersfield at one time had sort of small town feeling to me. I grew up in northeast Bakersfield and I loved the older neighborhoods. I know Bakersfield can get smokin hot in the summer, but I've lived here my entire life and I'm used to it. Not saying I love the heat, but it is easier for me to deal with than high humidity.
My boys and I love fishing the upper kern and we enjoy our camping trips up to Monache Meadows.
My dad and I used to fish the kern river canyon in the 70's and early 80's. Those areas are now trashy, and being taken over by people who just don't care about the land.
I wish there was a way to take it back.

matt w

Bronco Guru
Wow so many new posts on this thread. Jakedog, I agree with you about 30 years ago. I moved into the high desert (Hesperia) in '75 and seen a world of change in that time (most not for the good either). I wouldn't move to a hurricane area. I'd die after seeing the things I've built over the years destroyed in a matter of minutes/days. I'm a keeper of "stuff". We just got back from Arizona and the Bronco Stampede. This year it was a bust (or maybe I should say it was a break!!). The trip over and back was uneventful except for one or two crazy ASS drivers, but one hour into the the first day of wheelin' we snapped a radius arm (and on an easy trail too). Everyone kept saying I've never seen on of those break before. In reality, I believe that was the only original part left on the rig. I spend a lot of time and money NOT to be the one broke down on the trip. Not this time. One hour in and about 7 hours out. There's a reason we love off roading as apposed to the old car scene. Everyone stopped to help, in the end two vehicles stayed (3 people). It took all of us to get it out. Monday morning I ordered up Duff Tough extended radius arms. They look to be the best out there in this area. While I was at it I ordered a new Super 9 housing from Wild Horses because of a continuing leak in my rear end (I hate it when my rear end leaks;D:cry::eek:)

Matt, interesting post. I met a VERY GOOD FRIEND on this site some years ago. He lives in Apple Valley, saw on of my posts and called out. We've been great friends every since. By "Hardly" do you mean you HD? I too have an HD (FLHTC) (Electra Glide Classic). I love to ride. While I've only owned this 2 years, my last bike ('89 Goldwing) I owned 27 years (since new). I couldn't bare to sell it so I gave it to my son. If you did mean HD we need to ride sometime. 8 acres, WOW, l like my 1.02 acres

Brown had help from the congress up in Sacramento in destroying California. I really believe there's a ton of voter fraud going on here. There was a report of many county's that had more votes cast that there were registered voters (never mind the one's who habitually never vote). Don't forget the sick birds (illegals) that can get driver's licenses and automatically be registered to vote. Try that in reverse (down in Mexico).

As it's coming up on 7 a.m. I need to get after "it". Before a dentist appointment at 12:30 I want to see if I can get that temp. radius arm installed so I can get back to the '75 and it's power train. Loving forward to any more comments/thoughts on where to live.
Well since your last ride was a Honda that’s what I call my Honda 1800 VTX NEO. It looks like a Harley. Ha

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Some day... Maybe next year :D

Attachments

• WnBego.jpg
    WnBego.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 14