• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My coyote nightmare

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

b1c4233615fc265aada9ff0c9df1910c.jpg
8b66f5c77bff4eb9ffcf59f92e0f7b84.jpg

Made the cross member today. Looks like we will need to modify the fire wall. Drivers side. Not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

Yes it has a 2 in lift I’m not sure about the column I know u can have it modified to be shorter

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hemmer - Do you have the Column bolted up just behind the dash? Stock type mount on the column? Looks to be way to far forward into the engine compartment.

STalon89

My column didnt hang up, but the set screw nut on the Ujoint hit the motor when I turned the wheel. Im using the column support bracket to push the column a bit up and towards the inner fender to have clearance.

Are you using a spacer on your steering box?

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

I don’t have the spacer in but I do have one for it. Yes my steering column must be longer cuz it’s the right depth.
1d16aac6c84685ff63e6debbe73651bc.jpg

c8842a0fdfb6e005953336225fd389d0.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

My column didnt hang up, but the set screw nut on the Ujoint hit the motor when I turned the wheel. Im using the column support bracket to push the column a bit up and towards the inner fender to have clearance.

Are you using a spacer on your steering box?

Did you cut your fender well out on both sides? Or just passenger ?

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have only cut the passenger side. Others have done the same. It may help to do the other side too.

STalon89

Yea your column looks long. When its shorter, theres room to redirect it a bit, and get you off the valve cover.

I only cut my passenger side. I am running an ididit tilt column with borgeson u joints, and just a plain shaft that I had to trim a bit to get the right length. Borgeson 4 turn box with a spacer. Your whole setup looks a little bigger than mine. I am not having that much clearance issues, just on the upper u joint where the set screw is touching the valve cover. To get the clearance, I ended up drilling the steering shaft so the screw sits down in deeper.

Last edited:

Jamie Chriss

curious, you sourced a new motor, where did you get your 6R80 transmission? Do you have a part number for it? Thanks

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

Yea your column looks long. When its shorter, theres room to redirect it a bit, and get you off the valve cover.

I only cut my passenger side. I am running an ididit tilt column with borgeson u joints, and just a plain shaft that I had to trim a bit to get the right length. Borgeson 4 turn box with a spacer. Your whole setup looks a little bigger than mine. I am not having that much clearance issues, just on the upper u joint where the set screw is touching the valve cover. To get the clearance, I ended up drilling the steering shaft so the screw sits down in deeper.

Do you happen to know
What length ididit column you purchased ?

OP
OP
H

Hemmer

f52aa3d2283413d54b7a233fcefa44d5.jpg

Trying to determine how short I want to cut this column.

STalon89

Measuring tonight. Sorry, weekend was a bit crazy and couldnt get to the truck