• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco shell in Angola, Africa

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I ask Dan, the guy who found it to go back check for vin and take add pix .
also for gps coordinates ...
his reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan Grec To:you Details

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Franko,

It's basically impossible for me to drive back, I can't get another
Angolan visa.

I don't have the gps co-ordinates, sorry!

-Dan

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Too bad that pic wasn't made will a cell phone and he would possibly have the coordinates.....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Big place. 🤪🤪

I ask Dan, the guy who found it to go back check for vin and take add pix .
also for gps coordinates ...
his reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan Grec To:you Details

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Franko,

It's basically impossible for me to drive back, I can't get another
Angolan visa.

I don't have the gps co-ordinates, sorry!

-Dan

FordFarmer

Contributor
I'm headed to Namibia in April, wouldn't be much to hire a plane into Angola. Maybe I'll go take a look and see what it would cost to get it to the nearest port. Fun to check it out regardless.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm headed to Namibia in April, wouldn't be much to hire a plane into Angola. Maybe I'll go take a look and see what it would cost to get it to the nearest port. Fun to check it out regardless.

Be a nice little adventure.. I hope you make it happen.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast

very cool ... now lets see if we can narrow that down ...

based on his website and all the photos .... the photo w. the bronco is the only one in a desert ( no mountains in the background )

based on his "planned route " and the post and pic w. the world’s biggest welwitschia plant that only grows in the south west of Angola and Namibia he must have bin on C28 to Khomas Hochland Road to reach the Welwitschia Trail in Namibia to the Park ( Windhoek )

Attachments

• angola1.jpg
    angola1.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 34
  • angola2.jpg
    angola2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 36

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Good promotion for Ford. Take the new Bronco and do an African rally to rescue an old alumni. Then rebuild the old beast and do a head on comparison. Make it a National Geo special event.

Maybe use a group of navy seals invade the coast in the black of night lead by Chuck Norris and just plain grab the sucker and repatriate it. Works in the movies.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Just proves they rust no matter what Cont.

Makes me wanna go drive mine. I hear rust calling...

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good promotion for Ford. Take the new Bronco and do an African rally to rescue an old alumni. Then rebuild the old beast and do a head on comparison. Make it a National Geo special event.

Maybe use a group of navy seals invade the coast in the black of night lead by Chuck Norris and just plain grab the sucker and repatriate it. Works in the movies.

Yeah, that's gonna happen. %) Imma hold my breath for it. ;)

has anyone checked google street view?

Apparently the streetview camera van thingy had already passed that spot in the road when the bronco was parked...???

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wouldn't surprise me. Street view is even on lake Powell now.

I tried google earth, but it's a VAST area and the images aren't that detailed. I wrote an email to a company that does tours of the desert and asked them if they recall seeing the shell. We'll see what happens. Now I actually have to do some work.......

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Who's going to be the first to Google about the lost title process from Angola???? :p

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, I was doing well with it....I thought. What came back made no sense at all!