• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 68 Bronco - EFI, Atlas 4sp, 39's, dana 60s, lock-rites

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbate3

Loc.
Lake Zurich, IL
1968 Ford Bronco -
Pictures are here:
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/d/1968-ford-bronco-rock-crawler/6721203630.html

I can text or email pictures.

I have been building this bronco very slowly over the last 17 years. Everything on it is new or rebuilt. I have probably put on 500 miles in the last 17 years. The few times that I had it out of the garage it was put right on a trailer. I have only had if off-road a few times. It is very comfortable to drive around town.

The details:

1994 Mustang Engine ~15,500 miles, complete stock EFI engine with all electronics, wiring harness, and fuse and relay blocks. The engine has 15,000 miles on it when I put it into the bronco. To make the engine swap easier, I installed a steering column and ignition key from the 94 mustang.

C-4 Automatic Transmission - Rebuilt and installed with a stock torque converter when the Atlas 4-speed was installed. B&M plate type cooler with a thermostatically controlled Hayden fan installed under the driver floor pan. Winters shifter.

Atlas 4-speed (1.0:1, 2.72:1, 3.80:1, 10.34:1) - Twin stick shifters, cable shifter for planetary box

Wild Horses 4x4 3.5" Rock Crawler suspension with extreme shock hoops - No drop pitman arm and no drop track bar bracket, Draglink and track bar are 1979 bronco parts from Wild Horses 4x4. These are longer than 66-77 bronco versions and allowed for elimination of the drop pitman arm and drop track bar bracket.
Bloody Knuckle Garage (Cage) extended radius arms
Front axle moved 2" forward, Rear axle moved 6.5 inches back, ~100" wheelbase
All steering joints are 1-ton Tie Rod Ends. Track bar has rubber bushings like stock 79 bronco.
Dana 60 front axle from a 1979 Ford F-350, 4:10 Gears, Lock-Right Automatic Locker, Stock Axles, u-joints and bearings have been replaced, kingpins have been rebuilt, rebuilt brake calipers, Inner C-s have been rotated for 6 degrees of caster with neutral front drive shaft angle, 3/8" ring and 1/8" steel differential cover

Dana 60 rear axle from a Dodge W truck, 4:10 gears, Lock-Right Automatic locker, stock drum brakes have rebuilt pistons, stock diff cover, I have 3/8 ring to install or fab a cover like the front axle.
1310 CV drive shafts front and rear
Protofab Roll cage with seat brackets, dash bar, and harness bar. Speaker and glove box locations swapped on dash. Rear down bars removed. (wanted to add a family cage)
Front seats are Beard Racing seats.
Hydroboost brakes - Wild horses 4x4
Saginaw power steering pump - stock rebuild
4X4X2 Power steering box - Ported and rebuilt by PSC.
PSC hydraulic assist steering ram
5x - 39.5 x 13.5 x 16.5 Super Swamper Iroc tires, spare has never been used
5x - Steel Hummer Rims, stock offset, 8-Bolt, USA 6x6 ABS internal bead locks, not balanced
Autometer Phantom II Gages: Water Temp, Oil Pressure, Trans Temp
Stewart Warner Tach
Radio in dash and speakers near foot well
Summit Heater under dash
Hand operated parking brake between seats
Custom .090 stainless steel gas tank with 1994 mustang fuel pump and sender
Custom rear tail light housings to hold mustang tail light bulbs
Custom rectangular bumpers front and rear
Driver side fender gas filler door

K&N Air filter for 94 mustang
Old blue top Optima battery
Durabak roll on bed liner on inside

I recently added the fender Bronco emblems.

I am probably missing a bunch.

What it needs:
Fuel gage, voltage gage
Needs rear half of roll cage
Rear diff cover fabricated with 3/8 rock ring (I have the rock ring)
Transmission and transfercase skid plates

I have a car hauler to sell also, but the bronco must go first. The car hauler is 16 feet long, has 2X 6000 lbs axles (12,000 lbs trailer), steel deck, steel fenders and ranps, electronic brakes on both axles.

Willing to deliver or meet halfway.

Last edited:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I've been checking this out for the last month almost, can't believe it hasn't sold already.

pipeline010

12.5 and willing to deliver? That's a true price of about 11k. This thing is a freakin' steal. GLWS it'll be gone soon I bet.

And hyghlndr I've seen your place, I think you're totally out of parking spaces.

blue78

Loc.
Annapolis Area
Do you think this could make a drive to Maryland? I was looking at one out in Utah but the guy is getting cold feet about selling it.

OP
OP
A

abbate3

Loc.
Lake Zurich, IL
I believe that it would make it, but it would be difficult. I would suggest towing or shipping. The tires are not balanced and it does not have an overdrive. No doors. Bikini top. Would be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.