• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

To Owners of Bestop Softtop

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Is the top higher than a hard top?

I want to get a softop but I do not want to have to take it down to get in the garage. The hardtop just barely fits right now.

mhandy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Windsor,ny
it seems like it's about the same. I went out and measured and at the center bow which is the highest it is 28 inches above the body. I measured by laying a 2x4 across side to side and measuring up. Hope this helps

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
Its about the same...Wild Horses however sells their kit with a front mount that sits lower than the hardtop or the bestop (almost site flush with the windshield frame).

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
My Bestop is 1 1/2 to 2 inches higher than a stock top. I can't remember exactly, but the center bow is where it's taller. I measured it against BroncoItaliano's stock top from the bedrail to the highest point. The Bestop just cleared my door with 6 1/2" of total suspension lift, 37s and the center bow at it's lowest setting. (fully collapsed. Not the first of 3 holes that keep the fabric tight) I'm in the process of a shackle flip that will probably make it too tall for the 83" door. The top will probably be replaced later this summer with a Canback style top like Chuck is making unless I move to a house with a taller garage door. YMMV