• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chevy disk brake conversion.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Aren't I correct.. That when doing the Chevy Disk Brake conversion .. It's the same for DANA 30 & DANA 44..
.. & Aren't I CORRECT THE hub & rotors are no. 2492. generic number. They are off the F150 1980 UP TO 1986 & MAYBE LATER YEARS ..
ALSO OFF THE BRONCOS FROM 1980 & UP.
.. ALSO SAVE THE OUTSIDE LOCKING HUBS.
. IT'S BEEN ABOUT 10 YEARS since I've done one of these . Just checking my memory.
... I'M GOING TO BUMP This so it won't go to the bottom .. As I wrote it last last night.

Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I think you are correct Pa.

There was a year or so between 80 and 96 where they did those autolock hubs so those are no good. I believe in 95 or 96 the antilock brake system caused a change in the hub too.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Just buy either 76 1/2 ton or Blazer for the Chevy stuff and 76 0r 77 Bronco stuff for hubs and rotors. Might save you a few trips to the auto parts store.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Now I disagree on the chevy stuff.
I Say it's CHEVY 73 1/2.. 74 & 74 1/2.. Spindles .. Back when I was in business that spindle could be bought . Now I FOUND THIS number 0706528X .. OK I FOUND THIS NUMBER & EDITED MY POST. THATS A SPICER or DuraSolid #
I used to know all these number from memory .. When I had my parts store but that was before 1995..
... But your correct on the calipers . 18-4046 & 18-4045 A1 BRAND & Brake shoes. D52's...any grade you want. & I used that model brake hose.77028. Seals are 4250S. BEARINGS . YES . A45 & A37 ...
... & The Spindle bearing is SBK1... Last one I BOUGHT FROM NAPA Had 4 pieces instead of 3... I like the NAPA one best.
... Those outside locking hubs are made by about 10 different companys . Warns are hard to beat. Some have plastic parts inside & some still have brass.

... & Those hubs & Rotor assembles are no.02492 I believe.
& THAT NUMBER IS a generic number easy to cross To other brands ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Hey Guys while I was searching on the net.
Check out that DuraSolid .. they have or make The spools for the Ford rear axles .& TheSE Spindles . & Yokes for our 9 inch. Check um out. Neat stuff.

RPM289

... Now I disagree on the chevy stuff.
I Say it's CHEVY 73 1/2.. 74 & 74 1/2.. Spindles .. Back when I was in business that spindle could be bought . Now I FOUND THIS number 0706528X .. OK I FOUND THIS NUMBER & EDITED MY POST. THATS A SPICER or DuraSolid #
I used to know all these number from memory .. When I had my parts store but that was before 1995..
... But your correct on the calipers . 18-4046 & 18-4045 A1 BRAND & Brake shoes. D52's...any grade you want. & I used that model brake hose.77028. Seals are 4250S. BEARINGS . YES . A45 & A37 ...
... & The Spindle bearing is SBK1... Last one I BOUGHT FROM NAPA Had 4 pieces instead of 3... I like the NAPA one best.
... Those outside locking hubs are made by about 10 different companys . Warns are hard to beat. Some have plastic parts inside & some still have brass.

... & Those hubs & Rotor assembles are no.02492 I believe.
& THAT NUMBER IS a generic number easy to cross To other brands ..

Am I correct in thinking You could go pull everything off of a 72-76 Chevy truck and install? Are rotors the same between Chevy and Ford? I know where a 76 chevy is with all parts in great condition. Just want to clarify if i have to get rotors and bearings from a Ford Bronco or F150.

Blessings,

Mike

oldiron

Bronco Guru
Can also use the spindles and backing plates from a Jeep Wagoneer or Chief of the same era.
Greg