• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cable size in kick down

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
some times a name can help with sourcing.
They are called "TV Cables" in ford.

I think U R using a che**y term.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
some times a name can help with sourcing.
They are called "TV Cables" in ford.

I think U R using a che**y term.

Nope, TV cable is a Ford AOD term. Kick down linkage or cable is for the C4. I run my C4 without a kick down lever. I just manually put it in 2nd if I need it early.

Mark

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Stock is a rod, aftermarket is a cable. Guessing you have an aftermarket kickdown cable? (or TV if AOD).

Trouble is this cable isn't generic cable. If you feel the cable it is smooth. The standard cable you will find isn't smooth, it's bumpy. That will eat away at a cable sheath over time.

With luck you can trim the outer sheath which will make the inner longer. If not, you need a whole new cable. If it is a good brand of aftermarket cable, and you ask nice, you might be able to get a new inner cable directly from the manufacturer. But that involves you going directly to the manufacturer.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
"...TV if AOD..."; "...TV cable is a Ford AOD term..."

Ahhh, OK, thank U both, that'll help later!