• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO Kicking myself every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_RideBronco

Loc.
Denver
I joined this forum in 2003, just after I bought my very first car - a 1971 Ford Bronco Ranger. I was 15 years old. I had saved up from working at the local Six Flags amusement park for $5.50 an hour and bought it on my own, rusted out, but running for $2750. As soon as I turned 16 and got my license, it was my daily driver. A little elbow grease and help from dad gave it a face lift, and we sold it a year or so later to buy my second car - a 1973 Ford Bronco Sport for $6500 in near perfect condition.

Are you catching a theme here?

I'm now approaching 31 years old, and ever since I was a kid, my dream car has always been, and always will be the Early Ford Bronco. But as my title might suggest, I've been without one for quite some time, and kicking myself every day for selling the ones I've had. The reasons are justifiable, and helping to dig my parents out of debt was worth it in the end, but could I have found other ways? I only keep my sanity by telling myself no.

If you've read this far, congratulations, and thanks for sticking with me here.

Maybe you are in, or have been in a similar position. The problem now, of course, is that everyone seems to want one. What used to be a niche vehicle that you could pick up at a reasonable price, is now a rust bucket, hardly running project fetching 10k+ from people who just discovered what we've always known was the epitome of cool. Those of you who've held on, like I should have, are probably grinning ear to ear that the truck you bought for $5000 and been slowly tinkering with for 15 years is now worth $25,000 or more. But I digress...

So my "wanted ad" is this:

I am looking to fill the void that has been there since I was a kid, building these cars with my dad, who is now in his 70s. I want to find another Bronco for a reasonable price that I can surprise him with. Something that (likely in my price range) needs a little work, but nothing crazy, that he and I can spend weekends working on again together.

NO rust, power steering, power disc brakes, and auto trans would be great, EFI a plus, hard top included, bushings and rubber on the newer end, wiring in good order (or new). I don't want to be picky because I don't have a ton to offer, and to be completely honest, I still find it hard to wrap my head around paying much more than 10k for anything that isn't only another 5-10k from being more or less "ready," despite my best efforts in the current market. But if there is someone out there who can empathize and/or relate to my story, and has a good running, driving Bronco without any major issues willing to work with my budget, I'd love to talk to you. Seriously. I also have some potential trades, and willing to travel for the right one.

Thank you for reading :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.