• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

B.C. Broncos charged my credit card 887.00. I didn't order anything?

stus70brc

Contributor
I have nothing bad to say about Chuck and the gang at BC's they have been nothing but great to me! I think you should have talked to Chuck before bashing him on here!

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
TWOSTICKMEDIC, per the forum rules please talk to the vendor before posting a complaint about them. If after you talk to them you're still not satisfied then by all means post. But at least give them a chance.

Thread locked until you talk to them. Just PM me to unlock it if needed after that.

Thanks!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Can guarantee you it wasn't intentional..... Chuck will fix, They are good that way.

bsquared

Contributor
I was going to buy my sons Christmas present and B.C. Broncos has my money.

Did the $887 charge put you over your credit limit on the card? I just don't see how that prevented you from carrying on and getting your shopping done, unless your credit limit was reached by this charge. BCB doesn't get "paid" until you pay your balance without disputing the charges, so they didn't have anyone's money, just made a mistake.

Should have given Chuck a chance to clear it up, which he will, or already has.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
TWOSTICKMEDIC, I think you should have waited until you talked to my office. I understand your concern but as you have disputed the charges which you have 90 days to do it is out of my hands which means I can not refund your money today or until the dispute is settled which may take a week or more. In the mean time you don't have your money and I don't have your money either. If I ever had it. I do not know your name so Roxanne checked back all last week looking for a order for $887.00. We did not charge anyone last week for $887.00 so either there is another problem or you posted the wrong amount? We did have an order for $887.98 but it went to WA and the right card was used for that order. Call Roxanne ASAP and we can get to the bottom of this as quickly as we can.
For the rest of you that think I am hard to contact. I don't know what to do to make that better. I have an answering machine, E-mail, cell phone, PM here, 4 phone lines, 1 fax line and 4 people that answer the phones when it rings. We try to stagger lunches so a real person can answer but if the lines are all busy the AM will and we always return calls. Sometimes we get very busy and they have to take messages. We never rush callers so sometimes we end up talking to a guy 30-45 mins. and other callers hang up but there is only 2 techs here.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Well, my bad. We had an order from a customer with the same first and last names as yours. The packages went to the right person but they charged the wrong person. Very sorry you had to deal with this. As you did not dispute the charge your card has been credited.
Our system automatically stores all your info. including the CC number. It's for your convenience but if anyone doesn't want it keep let us know and we will remove it.
Thank everyone for your kind words.
PS while I am here I want to remind everyone about the Christmas sale.

tw322

While watching this...I kind of figured it was a mistake without any bad/malicious intentions. I can say that I visited B.C. many years ago when they were still here in California (and I still had my old Bronco...why the hell did I get rid of that one?...sorry back on track) and had nothing but positive experience. They were very nice people and showed me around the shop and I also bought the 23 gal. tank at that time (should have kept that too!). I am still of the belief that 99% of the people on this site are stand up, honest people. I understand that in today's society we tend to assume the worst in others and are hyper sensitive to identity theft (which we should be) but we should all try to keep this forum free from that B.S. until proven otherwise. Stepping off the soapbox now.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
As usual, Chuck took care of it and was straightforward and open about what happened and how he fixed it.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I cant sit this one out. Obviously you don't think any of us can reverse the charges, so your only motive is to cause some type of vindictive reaction against BCB for an unintentional business mistake.
We know that the credit card charge was probably a mistake, but your actions are intentional. So we get a free look at your dark nature. Priceless.

Bring on the crybabies.

Good call Wyflyer

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
TWOSTICKMEDIC, I think you should have waited until you talked to my office. I understand your concern but as you have disputed the charges which you have 90 days to do it is out of my hands which means I can not refund your money today or until the dispute is settled which may take a week or more. In the mean time you don't have your money and I don't have your money either. If I ever had it. I do not know your name so Roxanne checked back all last week looking for a order for $887.00. We did not charge anyone last week for $887.00 so either there is another problem or you posted the wrong amount? We did have an order for $887.98 but it went to WA and the right card was used for that order. Call Roxanne ASAP and we can get to the bottom of this as quickly as we can.
For the rest of you that think I am hard to contact. I don't know what to do to make that better. I have an answering machine, E-mail, cell phone, PM here, 4 phone lines, 1 fax line and 4 people that answer the phones when it rings. We try to stagger lunches so a real person can answer but if the lines are all busy the AM will and we always return calls. Sometimes we get very busy and they have to take messages. We never rush callers so sometimes we end up talking to a guy 30-45 mins. and other callers hang up but there is only 2 techs here.

Chuck, I think your customer service level is generally understood and accepted, which is to say you are running a small family owned business, not JEGS.

I don't know why you don't have a person on staff to immediately take my phone call any hour of the day at the very moment I decide to ask 50 questions you have already answered a thousand times. Probably something to do with sweating out a profit.

Sarcasm aside, I appreciate what you do for us, realize everyone makes mistakes, and hate that you have to defend yourself publicly every time something doesn't go perfectly.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Ok, here is what I have taken away from this thread. I will also throw in a couple of my own assumptions. My assumptions could be way off, but they are just what my gut tells me.

First, Twostick, its given you are new. My assumption, you are also young. A young guys way to handle a situation like this, announce to everyone he is pissed, and state " lets see how long it takes to get this taken care of".... Well, it took less than a day. My question, lets see how long it takes for you to say publicly that you flew off the handle, threw the vendor under the bus before you knew what was really going on, and you think you could have maybe handled this a little differently. Two people with the same first and last name, sounds like a very honest mistake to me.

Second, I have never met Chuck or spoken to him. But I can say this, I have interacted with many of the people who very quickly came to his defense, and each of those people have been nothing but stand up, honest, helpful, and willing to go out of their way to help me out with different things. Thats good enough for me to know that I will be doing business with Chuck in the future. Tip of the hat and cudos to you Chuck for the professional and respectful and rapid way that you handled this.

Third, cudos to the admin for his handleing of this. Very respectuful message to the author. Closing of the thread to stop the haters who would have taken this thread to a level that it did not need to go to. And then reopening the thread to let the vendor respond, explain and close this issue.

Finally, lesson to be learned, it is amazing what can get done by showing a little patience and keeping a level head. Vendors who are lucky enough to be part of this site, are here because they handle themselves professionally and ethically. If they didn't, they would not be here long.

If my assumptions are off, I apologize.

Scott

graniteguy

Loc.
Kempner, TX
eh, I don't think any apology is neccessary. Its handled.

A guy can be pissed and vent cause his tire blew out on a major hwy, but can't vent on anything related to a vendor here?

seems oxy-moronic to me.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
In my opinion, Granite, you are completely missing the point. Who said the guy couldn't vent about a vendor???? I don't think anyone did, including myself. The point is, find out what the issue is, talk to the vendor, let him explain what happened, let him have his chance to correct it. If that does not work, or he does not perform to your likeing, then vent, then share your experience. Venting first serves no purpose. When you vent first, admins close threads, vendors have to defend themselves when they shouldn't, the original author who was so quick to type up negative thread about a vendor, and was quick to respond on that same thread, is now not heard from. If you think the guy handled this well, and its how you would have handled it, then more power to ya.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, my bad. We had an order from a customer with the same first and last names as yours. The packages went to the right person but they charged the wrong person. Very sorry you had to deal with this. As you did not dispute the charge your card has been credited.
Our system automatically stores all your info. including the CC number. It's for your convenience but if anyone doesn't want it keep let us know and we will remove it.
Thank everyone for your kind words.
PS while I am here I want to remind everyone about the Christmas sale.

The cool thing about this thread is that the original post guy now knows that there is a guy with his exact same first and last name with a classic Bronco and that has 887 bucks to spend on Bronco parts. I would try to track him down if I were you, could be destiny.

graniteguy

Loc.
Kempner, TX
In my opinion, Granite, you are completely missing the point. Who said the guy couldn't vent about a vendor???? I don't think anyone did, including myself. The point is, find out what the issue is, talk to the vendor, let him explain what happened, let him have his chance to correct it. If that does not work, or he does not perform to your likeing, then vent, then share your experience. Venting first serves no purpose. When you vent first, admins close threads, vendors have to defend themselves when they shouldn't, the original author who was so quick to type up negative thread about a vendor, and was quick to respond on that same thread, is now not heard from. If you think the guy handled this well, and its how you would have handled it, then more power to ya.

Last post on this by me cause the issue is handled. Neither of us are gonna convince the other.

You may be missing the point also. The OP may have gotten in an argument by the wife by a purchase he didn't make. Worth venting over. Think about it. lol.

The OP may have maxed a credit card by an accidental charge by BC. Preventing the purchase of something else. Worth venting over.

The refund is gonna get handled. That part is a 100% given. Either BC refunds it or a claim is made. That's the easy part. I'm sure its already handled.