• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1968 Bronco Sport Project For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

68 Bronco Sport

I am sadly parting with my 1968 Bronco Sport, which was a driver until the water pump went out recently.

Stats:

- Stock 289 with Edelbrock intake and Holley Carb (need to look at the model #)
- 4:10 overall gear ratio
- AOD Automatic Transmission (updated internals, clutch pack etc, as of 2010), keeps RPMs down and drives smooth at 70-80 on the freeway
- Transmission Cooler, newer 4 core radiator (installed within last couple of years) and electric fan (still have the stock metal fan in a box)
- Ford drop NP205 transfer case
- Dana 44 Front end with disc brakes
- Ford 9" in the rear with 31 spline big bearing axles and disc brakes
- Hydroboost brakes system
- Axles were cleaned, coated with POR 15 and powdercoated before install a few years ago.
- 23 gallon Aero tank with integrated skid plate
- New drivers seat out of a Jeep XJ (Cherokee), with custom floor to lower seat down, so I can look out the middle of the windshield (I'm 6'1")
- Sitting on oversized 31" tires and powdercoated black rims
- Chrome bumpers frint and rear
- Custom roll cage which I cerakoted graphite, with integrated shoulder belts
- Doors have the shiny chrome removable hinges
- Rear sliding windows on hard top, which was painted along with the Bronco's front end a couple years ago.

Extras:

- Stock front buckets in poor condition
- Stock front and rear seat belts
- Stock rear (metal) and auxillary (non-metal) gas tanks
- All chrome trim which I started to remove to powdercoat or chrome black, but never completed.
- Vintage Air A/C in the box, never opened or installed
- WH aluminum fan shroud
- Extra Dana 44 open carrier
- Extra 28 spline pair of axles
- Flip and tumble seat brackets from a Wrangler and XJ passanger and rear seats (folding)
- Tube doors for when you want to remove the doors, with a second set of chrome removable door hinges
- More odds and ends
- Gorilla Fender Flares
- Running Mercedes OM617 Diesel and adapter plate ready for diesel conversion

Bottom Line:

I really don't want to sell my Bronco and am actively looking for someone to help me with the diesel swap, but am putting it up for sale in the event I don't find a shop or helpers to get the job done. So, if you know anyone doing diesel work in the greater Bay Area or you are skilled and looking for some extra cash, let me know.

The price is based on research I have done on similar Broncos for sale in the area and that have sold, so I am not looking for advice on how much you think I should sell my Bronco for and know that low-balling will just be a waste of your and my time, as I would like to keep it if possible.

* Update: Thanks to Jeff, he refreshed my memory how to get pics up. Here is a link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/85654396@N03/

The most current pics are with the green front end and no fender flares. The pics from when it was all blue are from when I first got it. I also keep remembering parts I have, which includes rock sliders like the pic of the yellow Bronco inb my photostream.

Thank you in advance for your interest

Last edited:

mlilly

Loc.
Oakland
Marconi Motosport..

1968 Bronco Sport,

I recently purchased a 1974 Bronco and needed a good amount of work done. I live in Oakland, but I wanted it fixed and cleaned up right. I was told buy a few long time Bronco owners that they wouldn't let anyone but Damon at Marconi Motorsport in Novato, CA touch their rigs.

Damon is a great guy and I highly recommend at least giving him a call to chat about what you are looking to accomplish.

His contact information:

Marconi Motorsport
Damon Marconi
33 K Hamilton Drive
Novato, CA 94949
415-827-9445
marconimotorsport@yahoo.com

Let me know if you have any questions

Best of luck

Mark

OP
OP
68 Bronco Sport

68 Bronco Sport

1968 Bronco Sport,

I recently purchased a 1974 Bronco and needed a good amount of work done. I live in Oakland, but I wanted it fixed and cleaned up right. I was told buy a few long time Bronco owners that they wouldn't let anyone but Damon at Marconi Motorsport in Novato, CA touch their rigs.

Damon is a great guy and I highly recommend at least giving him a call to chat about what you are looking to accomplish.

His contact information:

Marconi Motorsport
Damon Marconi
33 K Hamilton Drive
Novato, CA 94949
415-827-9445
marconimotorsport@yahoo.com

Let me know if you have any questions

Best of luck

Mark

Thanks Mark. I will give him a call today. Crossing my fingers that he works on diesels.

67RT

Bronco Guru
Was it in a fender bender? Why the new front end?
It is a great looking truck..

OP
OP
68 Bronco Sport

68 Bronco Sport

Was it in a fender bender? Why the new front end?
It is a great looking truck..

The hood flew open SB on 87 one night, after it was parked downtown SJ, when I was visiting a friend. I'm assuming someone popped the hood from the outside and it was just hanging by the safety latch, which is why I put on the new locking hood pins you can see in my pics. Insurance covered the replacement of the damaged hood and paint job, so I used it as an opportunity to test a potential new color; Ford green off Expeditions and Super Dutys.

Last edited:

67RT

Bronco Guru
The hood flew open SB on 87 one night, after it was parked downtown SJ, when I was visiting a friend. I'm assuming someone popped the hood from the outside and it was just hanging by the safety latch, which is why I put on the new locking hood pins you can see in my pics. Insurance covered the replacement of the damaged hood and paint job, so I used it as an opportunity to test a potential new color; Ford green off Expeditions and Super Dutys.
Holy crap that must have been a scary experience! Green looks great on Broncos. Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
68 Bronco Sport

68 Bronco Sport

Holy crap that must have been a scary experience! Green looks great on Broncos. Good luck with the sale.

I was very lucky, windows were down so I could quickly look out the window down the road and wasn't in heavy traffic.

sk1nw4lk3r

GREAT choice on the new color! Would have never thought to use that, but I love it. Put some King Ranch seats in it and it'll look amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.