• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

76 alternator harness?

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Is it like the '77 where the alternator/voltage regulator harness plugs into the engine compartment harness with a plug that looks like the ones on Duraspark distributors?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think it is. And I have not seen any available.
You might check the LMC, Scott Drake and Dennis Carpenter sites to see if they have something up and coming.

American Autowire does make factory harness reproductions, but this is likely pretty low volume and under the radar. But it could be worth a quick phone call anyway.

The alternator section is pretty straightforward though, so you could make your own as well. Unless you're wanting to keep it all original looking?

Good luck.

Paul

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I replaced mine with a harness and 100A alternator from an '87 Crown Vic police car. The plug looks like a round type with a flat side like those on Duraspark distributors. Ford light trucks and some cars from '76-'91 used the same harness. Tour a few junk yards. It's fun and educational. If some are not exact keep looking. The right one is out there.