• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

KS 1966 u13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ict57

https://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/d/1966-u13-bronco/6415630488.html?lang=en&cc=us

Curious about the u13 market for rust free 1966 (less a crease in driver floorboard) with most of the hard to find stuff. Yes it’s rare but not sure how valuable, relative to another early bronco.

Don’t flame me too much. I keep hearing this is worth 2x a ‘normal’ bronco. Doubt it...but figured I’d see which side wins. Full disclosure, I feel like I stole this truck last year (as some may remember), though it’s had a fair bit of work done to get it roadworthy again. And honestly, I don’t don’t expect it to sell.

Finally, by my estimate, depending on who does the work, to make it a proper u13 my guess is that it’ll take about $5-8k for paint, probably another $5k for drivetrain rebuild, and I’d pull the body and paint frame (another 3k) and wiring at 1k, then another 2k for interior, so figure 20k to do it right. Would it be worth 40k thereafter? Who knows....but it’d be cool to look at.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Do you have the inserts and backing plates? BTW, why does one side have to win?

OP
OP
I

Ict57

No inserts were long gone. Had doors on at some point.

Re winning...good point. Honestly I’d love to keep this to cruise and my 75 to abuse. However, I don’t have the space (or resources!) to properly maintain multiple broncos and a hotrod chevy (I’m sure I’ll be told to sell the 57 on this forum!).

Strangely, my plan changed a bit after getting the 75. I was (previously) very happy to cruise the u13 for ice cream on a 3 mile drive on Sunday. After the 75 and I started driving it 60-80 miles to work 3-4 times per week, I was surprised just how drivable it is. I won’t say much for mileage (as it’s worse than my Tundra with 400hp that’ll pull 10k!), but it cruises at 70 and stays with traffic. Anyway...I just want to enjoy a bronco! Either is a win...

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
The '57 is a hard top, I'd only tell you to sell it if it was a post! ;D

1966tiger

Keep the 57 chubby! Every time you get in it you'll appreciate AND LOVE your FORDS that much more. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.