• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need to fit 3 kids in a bronco!

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Got one for the extra mother-in-law.

Attachments

• 8099-curt-bolt-together-trailer-hitch-cargo-carrier.jpg
    8099-curt-bolt-together-trailer-hitch-cargo-carrier.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 20

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
We weren't the only ones as many have done this, but build a small seat that fits between the buckets up front. We took many trips with an extra body squeezed btw the two up front. Make sure you put a seat belt up there too.

lgdpt

Bench up front, standard seat in rear. That's what my set up is...

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
We had that same issue when our boys were little. To make things worse, a child's safety seat can take more space than an adult.
I bought doner bench from a friend and hacked off the arm rest part of the frame. That gives a bit more space. The wheel wells make better arm rests for a kid anyway.
I did have to add some reinforcement to the frame to replace that of the armrest tubing.
After I got done with it I gave it away to another young family. They used it for a few years and gave then away too.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Add a bench seat in the back facing rearwards up against the front seats.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
wagoneer middle seat/arm rest. scoot the rear seat back to tailgate and do like AZ73 said put another bench facing rearward . now u have room for 7, lol. or do a ranger front bench seat and just the stock rear seat or two rear seats with the ranger bench bunches of combos out there. plus there are several third row seats some guys use with great success. use google search and include classicbroncos.com in the search and you will get better results than the site search